Tiles from home depot...

shaded light

yes, here is a post from a very well known member on another forum, he has used these with great success.
Originally Posted by The Propogator
http:///forum/post/3030166
I am going to try these small ceramic tiles I got from Lowes today for frag mounting and zoanthid growing.
They are ceramic clay, fired but not glazed. ( just like Gooch's idea and what he makes only not labor intensive, no kiln needed, and no need totry and track down the clay.)
The best part aside form cost and time, is there is no curing time either.
Just boil and rinse, rubb off the contact cement and your ready to rock.
They are roughly 7/8" x 7/8" x 1/4".
They come in 144 piece sheets set on fiber mesh.
I peel them off one by one then just take my thumb and roll off the adheasive.
( Its just a silicone or rubber cement based adheasive. Real rubbery and comes off easly once peald off the fiber mesh. it dose break down in water a bit sojust make sure you rub it all off with your finger real well)
I realy see no down side to using these.
I dont have to make them.
I dont have to cure them.
They are perfectly sized for the job.
The cos tper pice is amazingly cheap when compared to the total cost of making your own plugs, using live rock ruble, or out right buying them from some one esle.
144 of them cost's $12.50 at Lowes.
There would be only benefits in using them as well.
They are so small they will colinize with benficial bacteria in less than 24 hrs.
Its also been proven that frags ectract nutrients from what ever they are growing on as well. ( even zoanthids)
SO seeing as these are ceramic clay it woul dbe lik emounting them on a small calcium reactor LOL!
Here they are: