Time for a few pics

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse lover http:///t/379537/time-for-a-few-pics#post_3490432
I know this thread is old but i just came acrossed it and have to ask this question.
What kind of seahorse is that in the fourth pic? So beautiful!
TeresaQ...has Erectus. She is our seahorse expert, Cranberry and Saxman too. The fact that you have been able to raise babies to sell, puts you up there on the very experienced pedestal with them.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse lover http:///t/379537/time-for-a-few-pics/20#post_3490614
Lol oh no! Im not an expert! I have been able to raise babies but i dont know that much. Not as much as them
Well all I can do is acclimate them, and feed them....yayyyyy, they are still alive. The fry get sucked up by the filters. So it doesn't take much to impress me I guess. You can raise the fry...that makes you head and shoulders above my ability.
I admit the three people I mentioned know how to make a sick one well...if my seahorses get sick, I have to watch them die, because I am not going to put a fingernail in a pouch to release air that is trapped, nor inject any medicine with a needle the size of the critter. I would be shaking so bad it would just turn into a vivisection.
Oh...and check out my thread titled potbelly seahorses...I made a video of them today.

Lol i will. And i havent come across any problems like that with any of mine so far thank goodness but if it does i will try my best to save them whether it be injecting there feed, the horses themselves or trying to relieve their pouch. Im very familiar with giving animals shots/ meds but havent had to with any sealife yet

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse lover http:///t/379537/time-for-a-few-pics/20#post_3490641
Lol i will. And i havent come across any problems like that with any of mine so far thank goodness but if it does i will try my best to save them whether it be injecting there feed, the horses themselves or trying to relieve their pouch. Im very familiar with giving animals shots/ meds but havent had to with any sealife yet
Meowzer was trying to save her seahorses, and she had a syringe, asking what exactly she needed to do with it....I would no way have a steady enough hand, I was almost afraid to even try seahorses after seeing what she went thru trying to save them.

Thats understandable. Id be nervous to but if its something that has got to be done then id do it. I was nervous right before i got mine because of people having to do stuff like that. I almost changed my mind but then i read that some people dont have to many problems like that so i figured id try it and hive them my best. Im so glad i went ahead and got mine. I love them!

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse lover http:///t/379537/time-for-a-few-pics/20#post_3490670
Thats understandable. Id be nervous to but if its something that has got to be done then id do it. I was nervous right before i got mine because of people having to do stuff like that. I almost changed my mind but then i read that some people dont have to many problems like that so i figured id try it and hive them my best. Im so glad i went ahead and got mine. I love them!
Well...I don't go too crazy trying to save a sick fish either. I do try when it comes to ich. If it's a medicine I can dose the hospital tank water...sure. When it comes to a syringe, or opening a tiny pouch to release air...nope.
I am kind of that way about humans too. I watched a good friend in the last stages of liver failure...every hour on the hour they came in an took blood. For what??? So they could tell him it's getting worse and at what pace....When my Dad finally reached the end, we put him in hospice care, they managed his pain and left him alone to die natural surrounded by family. I even objected to them coming in to take vital signs, and subjecting him to the cuff of the blood pressure monitor.
I'm sure the fish/seahorse would be happier in their home tank surrounded by other seahorses/fish or at least in a place where they could just breathe, than to be removed from the water...held by a giant hand I was terrified of, and have a needle the size of my tail inserted into my sufficating body...I imagine the pain would be horrible. As for opening a pouch...could you imagine an orifice of your body being forced open by a giant finger or flat giant tweezers...OMG...just let me die already.
I really love having seahorses, but there is a limit to what I will do to save them. Taking a sick creature, terrifing it, and causing it more pain....and 75% chance it won't help anyway....not me.

pezenfuego

TeresaQ is my hero. I have money put away for a horse tank. I can't wait to set one up. Unfortunately, college kills those aspirations lol. That money has been put away for a horse tank for four years, I just hope I can hold on to it until I have a permanent residence. On the bright side, I have plenty of time to research horses before I start. I just love the way her tanks look.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEZenfuego http:///t/379537/time-for-a-few-pics/20#post_3490814
TeresaQ is my hero. I have money put away for a horse tank. I can't wait to set one up. Unfortunately, college kills those aspirations lol. That money has been put away for a horse tank for four years, I just hope I can hold on to it until I have a permanent residence. On the bright side, I have plenty of time to research horses before I start. I just love the way her tanks look.
Well...it's been so long, and I'm delighted you are still around and lurking on the site! All this time... I had no idea you liked seahorses.

novahobbies

I miss Teresa. She's got other things to focus on and take care of right now, I understand, but I still miss her. :-( I think about her every time I feed her babies in the tank here.
In fact, as I type this I'm watching the male seahorse tease the cat by dancing right on the other side of the glass. LOL.