Time to add buffers?

xtyx

My Sail fin Tang is starting to act a little wierd, kinda like a nervous disorder. He is still eating fine just swims around less. My PH has been low an Calcium really high since I purchaced my established tank 3 weeks ago. Is it time to add buffers? I was planning a 20 Gal water change on my 125 this weekend. should I change more than 20 Gal? I just don't want my fish to die

Ok here is my specs
NH3 0.0
NO2 0.0
NO3 0.0-5 can't really tell
PH 7.8 on two seperate testers.
KH 7.4
ALK 2.63
Ca 560 wow
Sal 1.023
Temp 80
I have a 125gal, 100lb live rock, CC bed Mh lights, 2 tangs 1 clown 3 gobies 4 damsels 2 stars 2 urchins. I have lots of algea and aipsita, was going to order the 100 gal clean up crew today it comes with peps. I use the Oceanic Salt.
Any suggestions?

grumpygils

Originally Posted by xtyx
My Sail fin Tang is starting to act a little wierd, kinda like a nervous disorder. He is still eating fine just swims around less. My PH has been low an Calcium really high since I purchaced my established tank 3 weeks ago. Is it time to add buffers? I was planning a 20 Gal water change on my 125 this weekend. should I change more than 20 Gal? I just don't want my fish to die

Ok here is my specs
NH3 0.0
NO2 0.0
NO3 0.0-5 can't really tell
PH 7.8 on two seperate testers.
KH 7.4
ALK 2.63
Ca 560 wow
Sal 1.023
Temp 80
I have a 125gal, 100lb live rock, CC bed Mh lights, 2 tangs 1 clown 3 gobies 4 damsels 2 stars 2 urchins. I have lots of algea and aipsita, was going to order the 100 gal clean up crew today it comes with peps. I use the Oceanic Salt.
Any suggestions?
I would do the 20 G change and buffer the new water. Wait a few hours and test again fo PH, CA. Any other fish acting weird?
Mc

earlybird

Originally Posted by grumpygils
I would do the 20 G change and buffer the new water. Wait a few hours and test again fo PH, CA. Any other fish acting weird?
Mc
Grumpy, just curious what product do you buffer your make up water with?

xtyx

I had a Copperband Butterfly Die yesterday. But he was doing bad from the beginning. Would not eat. One Damsel is acting kinda wierd. Does this short diving thing. I also use RO water from a local Grocery store till I can get my own setup.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by earlybird
Grumpy, just curious what product do you buffer your make up water with?
The latest flavor is Seachem reef buffer. I have a few others. I don't pay too much attention to the buffer brand, they are probably all similar.
Mc