time to replace MH bulbs

txmedic1

its time for me to replace my MH bulbs. right now i have the stock coralife 175watt 10K bulbs, mogul base. would like to move up to a 14-15K bulb, i already have actnics. which bulb do you recommend for my 90 gallon sps/lps tank? thanks

mscarpena

It all depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking to keep your actinics on or not? Also are you going for a super blue look? I run 14K Pheonix bulbs and like them except they are a tad on the white side for me. I am going to go with the 14K Hamiltons next time. MY freind has them and loves them. They are a great bulb with great color and Hamilton is a reputable company.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by mscarpena
http:///forum/post/2559751
It all depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking to keep your actinics on or not? Also are you going for a super blue look? I run 14K Pheonix bulbs and like them except they are a tad on the white side for me. I am going to go with the 14K Hamiltons next time. MY freind has them and loves them. They are a great bulb with great color and Hamilton is a reputable company.
I don't think Pheonix makes a Mogul base bulb .I run Hamiltons but one burned it like a 10k and the other looks like a 14k.Im going to be trying XM next.

txmedic1

i'm looking for a bluer, crisper look. i would like to keep my actinics. they come on 30 minutes before and turn off 30 minutes after the MH's to simulate sunrise/sunset.

txmedic1

i have the coralife hood with 2 175w 10k MH's with actinics. the 10k's are very yellow and the actinics help alot. plus the actinics come on 30 minutes before mh's and go off an hour after the mh's to simulate sunrise/sunset.