Timmy Tebow Question

S

smallreef

All I know is I dont want any possible presidential candidate comparing himself to any NFL player,,, they get paid big money to play half of the year.. I dont want a President like that, lol

cipher43

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallreef http:///t/389435/timmy-tebow-question/20#post_3443052
All I know is I dont want any possible presidential candidate comparing himself to any NFL player,,, they get paid big money to play half of the year.. I dont want a President like that, lol
I still think we need to get rid of all politicians and start from scratch. They are almost all corrupt and instead of fixing issues just try to blame the other political party for nothing getting done.
My thoughts on politics is its better to hit yourself in the face with a framing hammer then argue about them......... its a better feeling process.

crimzy

If you are going to compare Tebow to a black running quarterback, it should not be Vick or Cam Newton. The guy may be comparable to Vince Young or even an Akili Smith and his career will have the same path. This guy will not be around long enough for the hits to affect his career and is better suited to the CFL... or maybe just being a preacher.

reefraff

The management messed up and let the fans dictate who would play. . Tebow aint ready, yet. He's looking better but still doesn't see a lot of open targets down field when he moves in the pocket. He is getting better at putting touch on his passes anyway.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzy http:///t/389435/timmy-tebow-question/20#post_3443174
If you are going to compare Tebow to a black running quarterback, it should not be Vick or Cam Newton. The guy may be comparable to Vince Young or even an Akili Smith and his career will have the same path. This guy will not be around long enough for the hits to affect his career and is better suited to the CFL... or maybe just being a preacher.
That maybe true, but Tebow has a bigger fan club, than say a Vince Young, and I doubt Tebow is going to be the head case that Young was...

kjr_trig

I don't think it matters what color a QB is in the NFL anymore, they are going to be scrutinized, it's the nature of playing the most difficult and important position in all of sports.
Tebow and Vick are not comparable IMO, nor Cam. Both Vick and Cam can make every NFL throw and have super fast releases. Tebow is very unique.
For the record, I like Tebow and it's a great story, but no chance I would trade Kevin Kolb (as a Cardinal fan) for him. Of comparable age QB's, I would take Cam (in a heartbeat), Dalton, Locker, Bradford, and even Ponder (barely) over Tebow. I would take Tebow over Gabbard or McCoy, but that's it.

A

adam57

I might even take Gabbert i talent alone over Tebow although I do think that there is something to Tebow's contagious enthusiasm. I believe that it doesn't matter if you have tebow, Gabbert, Mccoy, or Ponder, keep looking you still don't have the right guy! Horrible for a team to take the wrong quarterback, take it from me I'm a Lions fan, I know pain and suffering. The only positive for the teams like jacksonville with Gabbert, if he doesn't pan out, is it isn't costing them as much with the new rookie wage scale, best thing ever rookies shouldn't make more than Manning and Brady.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///t/389435/timmy-tebow-question/20#post_3443873
I don't think it matters what color a QB is in the NFL anymore, they are going to be scrutinized, it's the nature of playing the most difficult and important position in all of sports.
Tebow and Vick are not comparable IMO, nor Cam. Both Vick and Cam can make every NFL throw and have super fast releases. Tebow is very unique.
For the record, I like Tebow and it's a great story, but no chance I would trade Kevin Kolb (as a Cardinal fan) for him. Of comparable age QB's, I would take Cam (in a heartbeat), Dalton, Locker, Bradford, and even Ponder (barely) over Tebow. I would take Tebow over Gabbard or McCoy, but that's it.
Vick did it for one season... The one right before he inked a huge contract...

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/389435/timmy-tebow-question/20#post_3444274
Vick did it for one season... The one right before he inked a huge contract...
Vick did what for one season? I think many people have forgotten, the guy was pretty damn good at times in Atlanta. His career record as a starter is 51-37, and over 5,000 yards rushing in his career, and those Atlanta teams were not exactly great. He has never been a high percentage passer, but there are a of QB's that would like to be 14 games over 500 for their career.....This isn't college football where if you are decent you go 10-2, winning games is hard.

A

adam57

Vick can be as good as any quarterback in the NFL at times but the eagles had better trust in Vince Young or a future backup because Vick's issue is not his play it is staying healthy, which is an issue for most mobile quarterbacks. Especially Vick who is not a large person, as far as NFL standards go.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///t/389435/timmy-tebow-question/20#post_3444559
Vick did what for one season? I think many people have forgotten, the guy was pretty damn good at times in Atlanta. His career record as a starter is 51-37, and over 5,000 yards rushing in his career, and those Atlanta teams were not exactly great. He has never been a high percentage passer, but there are a of QB's that would like to be 14 games over 500 for their career.....This isn't college football where if you are decent you go 10-2, winning games is hard.
Pass, (not win) pass. I'm not saying he wasn't GREAT, or won some games. Remember you just quoted 5,000 rushing yards, not some passing stat...