Tinting?

sj022698

Has anyone ever used the stuff to tint windows for the back of their tank? I don't really want to go through painting my new one if I don't have to.
I'd love to hear your opinions and past experiences.
Thanks!

maryd

I used a blue gift wrap paper for the back of my fresh water tank. For the saltwater tank I used the ready made scenic paper for the background. It's reversible and can be changed when I want. Both of those hide all the cords and hoses in the back.

27mtaylor

I wonder if the saltwater would affect the film's ability to stick to the outter glass... Sounds like a decent idea though. I would apply the film to the aquarium before i added water to it, just to prevent any chemicals from getting into your tanks water. What kind of tent were you thinking of using, mirror or just a dark tent?

lovethesea

oceanvisions is great stuff too. Just apply like a "cling". Place on tank back with water and squeege/credit card. You can buy it by the foot in several different colors.

27mtaylor

If you use auto window tent, I would like to know how it turns out. I wonder if it will give a mirror effect with the lighting shining on it...

partsman

let the coraline grow all over the back like mine did - really looks cool and even better is it looks more natural ................
here's a couple of quick pics using my cell phone this a.m. as i was headed out the door
120 gallon fowlr .
Michael
what do you think would look better ?
before and after using Purple Up ..................