tiny bubbles, in my tank

N

newreefers

I hooked up my remora yesterday, many bubbles, got home from work, minimal bubbles, YEA.. I just cleaned out the collection cup for my skimmer and now bubble city. (man what nasty brown stuff!!) will it do this every time?:confused:

surfnturf

How did you clean the collection cup? I always use extremely hot water from a kitchen faucet sprayer. No soap, no nothing. If you used soap or paper towels(they contain wetting agents, believe it or not...) proper operation will not resume for 5 or more hours.

N

newreefers

I rinsed in in very hot water, no soap, no paper towels, nothing. I scrubbed it with a tank dedicated toothbrush, that's it.

surfnturf

Just give it a week or so to break in and the bubbles should stop, if they don't, somebody here will know what to do.

S

simm

Newreefers. Give it about a week it should clear up. I had this problem with my bakpak when I added some additives. Have you done this? If it does not stop they make an extra fitting you can buy to place on the return side going into the tank that will stop it completly.