tiny coral that come with live rock

laredo300c

i just recently upgraded my lighting system and i was wondering if go to buy a small coral and it is attached to small piece of live rock, then making a 2 hr trip home, will that small piece of live rock have die off, will it need to be cured or is it safe cause of small size (maybe like under a lb.)

reefkprz

if you take a bucket with you, you can ask them to fill it with tank water over the top of the rock. wrap a coat around the bucked for insulation the die off will be almost nil. this is how I bring all my live rock home from the fish store. it wont cause a cycle this way. at less than a pound the spike would be small any way BUT to keep the coral alive you want to transport it under water.

solarscar

I have a small truck with a sliding glass window. I use a power inverter type thing that plugs into my cig lighter i then put the water i got from a water change i do on saturdays in my 5 gallon bucket, then put it in the back of my truck, secure it with some bungy cord and then plug a heater into the power converter and it stays heated. I bring the bucket into the fish store and place right next to the checkout, they weigh it and in the bucket it goes. I don't get any die off.

doody00

Originally Posted by solarscar
I have a small truck with a sliding glass window. I use a power inverter type thing that plugs into my cig lighter i then put the water i got from a water change i do on saturdays in my 5 gallon bucket, then put it in the back of my truck, secure it with some bungy cord and then plug a heater into the power converter and it stays heated. I bring the bucket into the fish store and place right next to the checkout, they weigh it and in the bucket it goes. I don't get any die off.
What a good idea !!! Thanks

judy