Tiny Starfish

dragonboy

They are coralline consumers they eat coralline like crazy. So far some of my rocks and glass is clean off by them so I would say they would do damage to coralline and they reproduce very fast. So its up to you if like to keep your purple coralline or not cause they will bleach all your live rocks.

ophiura

Originally Posted by milomlo
I wish I had some of these stars.
It would not be a problem to get you some at some point

dragonboy

Originally Posted by dmcrete
Im tellin YOU!!!
peppermint shrimp will keep these star population under control!!! :joy:

I have a peppermint shrimp I haven't seen him eatting any of them are you sure of that I haven't heard of them eatting them. But I'm thinking of getting a Harlequin Shrimp since they are the one who are known for that.

dmcrete

YES,, i have sat and watched them eat the stars,, they even get to pickin them out of the crevices in my lr, i have seen them on top of the star fish just eating them alive!!1
really

milomlo

Originally Posted by ophiura
It would not be a problem to get you some at some point

Sweet I am ready when you are...

Thanks

fisherson

i might be weird but i'd love to have something that ate the coraline off my glass haha so i didn't have to clean it all the time. to bad they'd eat it off the rocks too..

ctgretzky9

Originally Posted by dragonboy
They are coralline consumers they eat coralline like crazy. So far some of my rocks and glass is clean off by them so I would say they would do damage to coralline and they reproduce very fast. So its up to you if like to keep your purple coralline or not cause they will bleach all your live rocks.

Seems unlikely they would "bleach" coralline. They MAY consume it (though in conversations with several people, and LFS this weekend, no one has ever heard of it).
If your coralline is bleached, you may want to check your calc-alk-pH and magnesium parameters to be sure they are all in line.