Tiny Tank

defcon11

I've got a friend who just put together a 2 gal tank. He has the rock and substrate, and i gave him some small mushroom polyps. The question he keeps asking me is what fish he should get. So I put it to ya'll. What would be a nice small fish he could keep in a two gallon tank?

katsafados

Nothing really..
He could try a clown goby since ther eonly 2" in length. But even that, with that small of a tank the bioload might be to much.

spanko

One of the small clown gobies. Needs to have a top though. Also if he can find some greenbanded gobies those would probably work.

fretfreak13

I love clown gobies. They come in bright yellow, red and black, brown, and even green and red striped. =) They have a lot of personality too, I have one in my 29 gallon, and even though he's the smallest critter in the tank he's always front and center. Also, what about a pom pom crab?

soviettaco

Ooohh!!
I got tons of ideas,
But all of them depend on your friend's preference, so he could do:
a mantis shrimp (IMO I find them scary)
he could do a shamed face crab, AWESOME CRAB!!!
Harlequin shrimps
some type of lobster
sexy shrimps
decorator crab
young horseshore crab, it would get too big though
Myabe a small octopus (anyone know if he could do that?, I'm not sure if there are any dwarf species)
I can only see some type of clown goby as being a fish to keep, a yellow clown would be good with the shrooms.
hope this helped