tiny tiny spots on fish (NOT ICH?)

lilyandchris08

What kind of fish? We found some spots on our Firefish but they kept going away. At first we thought it was Ich but we read that they sleep in the sand something and that the sand particles can get caught in their skin. No big deal but if it gets really bad a freshwater dip bath will help.

lilyandchris08

Okay. I would assume that it is the same as my firefish dilemma. His spots have went away since the freshwater dip that we gave him. You should try that and see what happens? I doubt it's ich.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by ChrgerOnDavins
http:///forum/post/2488227
A butterfly fish of somesort and my powder brown tang, sailfin and powder blue show no signs of anything.
Ich varies in size depending on how long it has been feeding on your fish. We could all keep guessing, but the easiest way to tell is to get a good look at the spots with a magnifying glass. Ich will be round and smooth and you will be able to see that it is embedded in the tissue. Bubbles will be clear and sand will be rough, both of these will be just resting on the body surface.

sman

I had something simmilar on my clowns, it came and went over the course of a week, they were super small and you really couldnt tell what they were even with a magnafiing glass. They dissapeared over night one day and I havent seen them since, I suspect they were microbubles because I hadded a new protien skimmer that week and it was still breaking in. Its been almost a month and I havent seen it ever again.

Originally Posted by sman
http:///forum/post/2488267
I had something simmilar on my clowns, it came and went over the course of a week, they were super small and you really couldnt tell what they were even with a magnafiing glass. They dissapeared over night one day and I havent seen them since, I suspect they were microbubles because I hadded a new protien skimmer that week and it was still breaking in. Its been almost a month and I havent seen it ever again.
I had just added a fluval, and changed out bio balls for live rock when the symptoms started. Hmm you may be on to something. Today I am seeing virtually nothing on the fish at all.