Tips for new fish..

hectorortega

Hello, I have a 125 gallon tank (fish only) with the following:
1 Koran Angel (the size of an adult hand)
1 Blue Hippo Tang (medium size)
8 Green Cromis
1 Four Stripe Damsel
1 Clownfish
several Hermit crabs.
I have had them for 1 year but I am thinking about adding some new fish.
What would you recommend?
Thanks !!

jackri

I'd recommend anything you get be quarantined before you add it. Sounds like a nice setup and would be a really sad event if ich was introduced.
Lots of great options out there and it's your tank not mine as far as adding fish :)

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Tim514
http:///forum/post/3200969
Get a second clown, pairs are always nice.
They are but it can be very difficult, often impossible, to get an established clown (usually a female) to accept another. A pair is usually bought that way or allowed to develop from a group of juvis.

tim514

I thought once together for a while one clown will become female and they will eventually mate.
I purchased my clowns together so i have not had any experience with mating clowns, so your probably correct on that one.

A

ali19

The larger clown will become female. I have found that if you isolate the clown from other fish they will often accept another clown but when you introduce one to the tank she may not accept the other clown. it will be female if she ha been alone for that long so i would get a male and introduce them in a separate tank. it doesn't always work but i have found it does better that just throwing one in!

daj0424

bought a clown 2 years ago, then bought another in 6 months. after about 6 months they fell in love. I guess I got lucky but it was pretty easy this way.