Tips on What to Do With My Old 10g

Ok..... about 10 months ago I switched from my puny, 10g freshwater tank to a 60g, saltwater. Now the 10g is sitting in my garage taking up room, and I was thinking that maybe I could turn that into a nano reef system. I have doubts tho..... Would that tank be too small for just a couple of false percs and some inverts or perhaps a small goby or firefish? Thanks in advance!

tr1gger

My GF takes care of a 10g FO tank and she loves it. As far as 10g nano reef i can not honestly say. Is your 60g a reef tank? if so do you have a sump? if not use that 10g for a sump, or use it as a refugium. just my .02

fishygurl

and if u already have a sump and refugium maybe you could try keeping it as a frag tank? would have to try and keep params really steady tho

OK, thanks everyone! In response to Tr1gger's question, my 60g is a FOWLR. I do understand that water quality needs to be precise all the time. I am considering making it a frag tank..... but I guess I'll still have to think about it. Thanks everyone!

I'd use it as a sump or fuge. For a frag tank I'd go nothing smaller than a 20. I have a 20 long and I need something bigger.