titan trigger??

jenni620

Anyone have one of these? My LFS has one and it looks MEAN! And I heard they get HUGE. I don't want one; I was just wondering if anyone did, and if they had any pics.

mike22cha

Yes they do get huge and super aggressive. I believe they require a species only tank. But they are an awesome fish.

jenni620

yeah, it was cool looking, but it scared the heck out of me! it looked like it wanted to jump out of the tank and bite my face off! it would be cool to see a pic of one in someone's home setup

jenni620

good lord!! how would anybody be able to keep one in a home aquarium? i guess you would have to have like a 1000 gallon tank...

beach bum

where did you ever hear of a 3 foot one? I would love to see a photo or reference of that. Fishbase only lists the maximum recorded size as 75cm (30") and that would not be common, it is the absolute max.

texasmetal

Just because some poor schmo collected it doesn't mean it belongs in a home aquarium. Not as bad as a Grouper though... sheesh.
Every time I see one of those at a LFS they attack the glass as I walk by. Blender with fins.

jenni620

ha!! blender with fins! lol yeah, i hope whoever buys that fish knows what they are getting themselves into. it doesn't seem smart to sell something like that....oh well.

texasmetal

Originally Posted by jenni620
ha!! blender with fins! lol yeah, i hope whoever buys that fish knows what they are getting themselves into. it doesn't seem smart to sell something like that....oh well.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem smart to sell a lot of animals you see at pet stores. At least it's not venomous.

kirkaz

You should give your LFS a hard time about that Jenni, they really have no business selling a fish like that...Beach bum is right, some schmook will buy it and put it in his 55 because it looks cool.

kirkaz

Originally Posted by fastazzr1
i would buy it.
Can't wait to see pics of him eating everything in your new 533 gallon tank!!!You are one of the few people with a tank big enough, maybe you could put a Tesselata along with him.