Titanium heater

magooo2

I have read a few threads on this board in regards to titanium heaters. Can someone give me info on them , name brands i might want to investigate, and approx cost . I believe I am having to much fluxuation in temp and would like to level it out to a constant +/- 1 degree if thats at all possible. Thanks

boomper

Shop around online for titanium heaters, you can find them very cheap and they are accurate and durable. Definately worth the money.

tru

I ordered one from bigals and its JUNK! I set it to heat at 79 and it heats my tank to 90 I turn it down to 75 it its now running around 86. I'd rather use a visi-therm heater which is what I'm using on all my other tanks. Only reason I tried the titanium heater is because I was starting a new reef tank and I wanted my take to stay on 79. With some of my visi-therm heaters I have had the temperature drop and I had to take the heater out of the tank and put it back in (just let the air hit it) and it starts heating again. Only happened once after I took it out it worked fine but that could have been caused from a power outage. Who knows..
Good Luck anyways... -Chris

T

thomas712

From all I've read it is a possiblility for ANY heater to stick in the open position. ANY heater.
Why I use Won heaters? NO GLASS, and the two I have have given me constant accurate heat.
JMO, IME
Thomas

mburnickas

I use a Pro Heat 300 watt for water change and aPro Heat 2 (350 w) for my main tank. Work fine. I had the glass ones and they always cracked or broke.