TO JELLYFISH -OR-NOT?

coralgyrl

HEY GUYS!!! I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD ANY SUCCESS WITH A JF. I THINK THAT I WANT THE MOON JELLYFISH. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK. :)

q

Don't know squat about jelly fish but I have heard they can be a pain. How big is your tank? Do you have other fish in it?
If you have fish then can they easily stay clear of it, and if corals can sting each other then I wonder if a jelly fish can sting the corals.

smedic

I had a jelly. It was really cool. I had no problem with it with my fish (tang, Angel, clown, LR,) however, it kept getting sucked up into my filter, Mine only swam around at night so I never really got to enjoy it that much. If you get one good luck

coralgyrl

Well my tank is a 75 gallon. I think that they are interesting, especially since I am a biology major. Go to your search and type in Jelly Fish and I am quite sure that the name of an online sw fish store will come up! Hope this helps :eek:
[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Coralgyrl ]
[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Coralgyrl ]

sbustobante

everytime I've seen moon jellies in a public aquarium, they are in a round tank without right angles, and without anything else in them. I guess they rip themselves apart on corners and edges. Probably not a good idea unless you want a species tank and can custom build.