To kill or not to Kill?

This hitchhicker showed up in my tank several months ago. I had gotten a lot bigger but not spread. I seen some things saying that this may be Aiptasia pulchella a bad thing?? Please let me know.

coraljunky

Corals coming into contact with aiptasia will recede and show signs of distress, leading to death. They can also reproduce quickly, over running an aquarium in a short period of time.

miaheatlvr

You can try JOES JUICS or inject with boiling water via medical type syringe and suck out with turkey baster.

maxalmon

Yeah way to big to be aptaisia..... If it's really dug into a crevice or you can't get it out, use the boiling water and syringe or do what I do and make a small amount of kalk, make it into paste them cram some the paste into it cave, nothing survives a kalk bomb....You only need an amount the the size of a BB..

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by maxalmon
do what I do and make a small amount of kalk, make it into paste them cram some the paste into it cave, nothing survives a kalk bomb....You only need an amount the the size of a BB..
Kalk bomb!

trigger78

They are trying to take over my tank as well. I get as many as I see out then more keep coming back. I guess they are multiplying as fast as I remove them. Started off with two that were larger than a half dollar then they started mutilpying. Have taken atleast 30 out and still going. I cant remove the rocks because corals are living on just about every rock.

ophiura

Not Aiptasia or Majano, IMO.
Probably a Phymanthus, or sometimes called a "Borneman anemone." Google "Borneman Phymanthus" or he tends to call it Epicystis so you can try "borneman Epicystis"
But I have had no problems with them and have a couple. They get quite pretty when larger and IME have not caused any issues. Not everything needs to be killed, IMO.