To mad to title

A

ambrazas

Easy pufferlover. We did some homework and triggers/puffers are compatible. As of right now everything is going okay. On this message board people have said that they've gone against certain "rules" and things have worked out. Maybe it's just luck.........who knows. We've posted on here a few times for help and most of the time the board is very supportive. We were heartbroken when we lost our puffer, and you made it seem like you were a know it all and very insensitive. You seem to "jump all over us" we are not on here looking for approval or to be judged by you. We are learning just as most of the board is. I believe that's why the board is here. We needed help and we are happy that other people on here offer it in a sensitive way. So please when you reply to people try to be a little bit more understanding. :mad:

lionfish

LionFish says......
Well, Pufferlover does know what he's talking about so don't condemn the guy. However, on my personal note here, you have just proved a point I have been trying to make to a lot of people. A lot of the people who swear that what I said was wrong about compatibility, just might get the picture now. Have these people here that claim something extraodinary just get extremely lucky but say it is just because they are good at keeping fish. Stubborn people will soon get what's coming to them. But, since I have no idea what you are talking about, I'll leave this for pufferlover.

grouperhead

what are you talking about? and please dont bash puffer as he is a super knowledgeable guy and he knows what he is doing and saying. bo

gobylover

Pufferlover is a very smart person and knows what he is doing especially when it comes to puffers.And I'd like to know where you did your research,because when triggers get older,they become more territorial.The lady at my lfs had the same problem.She had niger trigger,a clown trigger and a pork in the same tank for 2,yes 2 years.She came home one day to find her pork and clown dead and her niger near dead.And I don't feel he was judging anyone but simply telling you what his knowledge has brought him to know.At the same time I am sorry if you feel he "jumped all over you"but there are a lot of posts in the past regarding this subject.Boy,I sure hope I'm not sounding harsh,but thats how I feel.

i hav a pork and a hum hum trigger in the same tank and hav had them before and no problem ever but everyone not the same but good luck :D

pufferlover

Ok here is my thoughts on this. I did come across harsh but then in the post I said that was what I was doing (I did not pull any punches). Now as to why did I do this! I have responded to the question of Triggers and Puffers (esp, Porks) probably at least once a week if not more. I have told my little story so often about how it did not work in 2 cases I was made aware and the end results shown to me at my lfs. I tend to agree with Lionfish that sometimes I get the distinct feeling that a question is asked hoping that someone, anyone will say yes it will work to justify a decision one wants to make anyway. I am not a expert on fishkeeping, never claimed to be, but Puffers, that is my area of interest and I know about them enough that my lfs asks me for advice when they have certain problems with theirs. I have had Puffers since the beginning and my oldest fish are my pair of Porks going on 8 now. But I start to stray from the point so back to it. I try very hard to answer each question as if it never had come up before but frankly the thought that anyone wants to justify putting 2 fish together that should not be together and keeps trying to find agreement finally made me snap. Yes some have done it and it has worked but as I stated in the end it will be a death sentence for one of the fish. Now I believe I said that some Triggers will co exist with a Puffer and that is what your research may have stated but one must be very careful which you mix and make sure the tank size and decorations are right for the fish involved. A Clown with a Puffer is a diaster waiting to happen (I don't care what tank size is involved). A Niger probably OK (I even did that for a while but for me the Porks would not allow the Niger any rest and it died in time causing a massive Ick outbreak that took me close to 2 months to fix (so was it worth it heck no).
Bottom line. I appreciate the kind words from the other posting members, but maybe I should just learn to stop trying to get my message across and getting frustrated in the process. I do not have any grudge against anyone, and if I feel a post is not worth answering I don't post to it, and maybe I should have just passed that one up that night. Anyway if I upset anyone sorry about that.
Hate to do this but I just went back and found the original post and must admit I did not remember until I re read it exactly what it was that was being put together. According to the post there is a Dogface, a Pork, and A clown in the tank and the question was towards adding a 2nd Clown Trigger to the tank. Now I remember why I was so distressed and reading it again only makes me a little more concerned. I stated with the 3 already in there that in time there will be a problem and yet another Trigger is being considered. Then a mention is made of the losing of a Puffer but which one or was it a different one is not explained. My reference to the non-compatibilty was made specifically to the fact that a Dog and Pork in same tank is not recommended by any book, pet store, or web site I have ever seen. The addition of a Clown Trigger (or 2) was enough to disturb me and frankly it still does and I stand by what I posted then.
[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: Pufferlover ]

mark-24

I have nothing but good things to say about the sharks on the aggressive board. They aren't experts, but then again when it comes to this hobby, noone truely is one, but they know more than what I know.
-Mark

blueberryboomer

Pufflover, Please don't stop pushing to get your point across, most of us really appreciate the strait and direct approach. You know so much about puffers from experience, that is soo much better than knowing about them from reading up on them.
If someone wants to do it there way because a book says its ok, well what can I say let them, and when they come crying to you , you can say I told you so. I'll listen to you about a puff anyday before I will follow what a book say. Thank You for sharing your knowledge on this bb with all of us..Lisa

pufferlover

Believe me I won't stop trying to get my point across. I care to much about the hobby and the pain some suffer do to not having the proper knowledge (and isn't that what this board is here for after all) or access to it to do the right thing. In my mind if one person is helped by me thru my experiences or knowledge gained by trying to educate myself more on the hobby then all the hours put in here are worth it.