to quarantine or not...that is the question??

fishfry

I also posted in the disease section.
Ok so here is the current situation. The yellow tang had a major outbreak of ich about 7 days ago. Currently there are no noticeable signs of ich. The yellow tang is eating great and seems healthy and it seems the tang has stopped scratching as much but will periodically. I have a saddleback clown that shows no signs of ich. I have a large banded goby that has a small cottony ball on one of its front fins. The goby is very healthy and is eating as it always has. I have set up a quarantine tank with all that is listed in the DIY post on hyposalinization. However, I am reluctant to put them under unnecessary stress if I dont need to. I have many inverts and corals and cannot medicate the tank.
Should I go through with the hyposalinity method because of the earlier outbreak, knowing the ich is in various stages?
Have the fish regained their immune system and naturally fought it?
If you suggest I go ahead and quarantine should I quarantine all 3 fish i have?
Today here are the stats:
Salinity = 30.5
Spec. Grav. = 1.0225
Ammonia = 0
Nitrites = 0
Nitrates = 160 + ( I have battled Nitrates since day one)
Temp = 82.0
Ph = 8.3

jumpfrog

I think the ich is more stressfull than the hypo on the fish. Under hypo they actually breath easier due to the low salinity. If it was me I'd hypd all 3 for the entire ich life cycle. Then you'll know that when the fish return they're going to a ich free system.
Just my $.02

fishfry

ok that definitely sounds good then. If the ich regardless of the stages is more stressful and the hypo is not as dangerous to them "stress" wise then i iwll go ahead with it unless there are objections in the next hour. thanks for the reply