To Saltwaterfish.com store: Rio powerhead/pump questions.

folks at Saltwaterfish.com
As I am shopping around regard to powerhead/pumps for my 2 - 29 gallon tank as water movement/circulation purpose.
(Two powerheads per tank along with 200 GPH hang on fuge)
As I have done research that MaxiJet and AquaClear are the highest recommendations. Even thru it has been discussed over here this forum. There is not a lot of postive things to say regard to Rio.
Considering the lowest watts...... Rio 200 (138-144GPH) that use only 3.5 watts! Compare to MaxiJet 400 (106GPH) using 5 watts. That is 1.5 watts savings and 30ish more GPH. Looks like it will use only 7 watts by using two powerhead and 60ish GPH more than MaxiJets. MaxiJets would drain 3 more watts per tank and 60ish GPH less.
AquaClear seem to be an attractive but one big con is that they lacks sponge as prefilter. "Quick filter" stuff is not need and is expensive! :eek:
MaxiJet 900 seem to be the perfect but with 230 GPH X 2 that may be too much for a 29 gallon. Comparing with the model 600 as there is only 1 watt difference and big GPH difference.
:thinking:
Gotta to ask you that question. As you are selling Rio powerhead/pump as your sole pump sales. I do not see any such as MaxiJet or AquaClear powerheads/pumps in your sales? How reliability are they? How happy are your customers with that product? Any pros/cons to share your experience with us?
I am asking for honest, non-flarewars, and none-hesistant to share with us regard to how reliability Rio powerhead/pumps are?
Many Thanks

Originally posted by Mr Enigma
2 maxi 900's would NOT be too much for a 29. thats all i have to say.

If that is the case then. Definately! I will do that.
I am considering to order first two Maxi 900 and test with that see how that turns out.
Many thanks

T

titansgurl

I have 3 maxijet 1200 in my 55. That wasn't enough for me so i added a Tunze stream 6000. Ok, so i don't have sand and wanted a lot of current for my acros. I would also say go with the maxi jets.