To Scrape or Not To Scrape

chub

How many of you out there scrape the algae off the sides and back of your Aquarium?

yosemite sam

I do. I like the look of clean glass, and the dark background makes the colors of my corals stand out better.

michaeltx

depends on what veiwing area I am wanting and what type of algae.
coraline on a non veiwable side leave it on a side I want to look into its got to go. most of my tanks are painted on all sides but the front so as long as its coraline I leave it all else gets scraped.
Mike

lion_crazz

I do not always, as I feel it looks natural to have some algae growth. My algae never grows ugly or disgusting looking.

K

krichardson

i clean the front but leave the rest so my snails and starfish have something to eat.

morval

i let coraline grown on the back and i leave the left side to grow whatever it can so my yellow tang and lawm mower blenny can have a snack between feeding. its pretty neat to see all the "kiss" marks from the LMB

R

rcreations

I leave the back alone but scrape the front and sides.

N

ncognitothe3rd

As you can see, its just a matter of preference. Some people like it as a clean look and others like it with a bit of natural look. Both are fine, just what you prefer. I personally like the clean look.

S

sexyshrimp101

I scrape the front and sides of my glass and leave the back alone. I scrape the front more often then the sides though.

jojo_b

If it's coraline algae, I leave it on the back but scrape the front and sides (well I will in a minute), but the rest of the algae I scrape off no matter where it is.

cj96ss

Ok my tank is new and it seems like i have to scrub this white film off the sides of my glass....when i scrape it of it porduces white flakes ..
what is this and is this bad stuff

cj96ss

Originally Posted by cj96ss
http:///forum/post/2458983
Ok my tank is new and it seems like i have to scrub this white film off the sides of my glass....when i scrape it of it porduces white flakes ..
what is this and is this bad stuff
anybody?????????????????????????????????????????