to the engineers/inventors an idea

rbaldino

Originally Posted by trippkid
On a side note, rbaldino, your avatar is really cool.
I know, my avatar is awesome. And he runs on gas!

H

huskychasrs

Everybody complains about gasoline prices but haven't complained about the price of milk.
Tobin hit on this...Call or email your senators/congressman.
Sadly I never get a reply.

But I guess it gets logged as a hit on their website.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by huskychasrs
Everybody complains about gasoline prices but haven't complained about the price of milk.
Tobin hit on this...Call or email your senators/congressman.
Sadly I never get a reply.

But I guess it gets logged as a hit on their website.
I honestly don't think that people percieve milk or bread or anything like that as being expensive because it's part of a larger grocery bill, whereas when you get gas it's generally the only thing you're paying for at the time.

seasalt101

Originally Posted by rbaldino
I honestly don't think that people percieve milk or bread or anything like that as being expensive because it's part of a larger grocery bill, whereas when you get gas it's generally the only thing you're paying for at the time.
the point i am trying to make with the milk is with the farmers growing corn for fuel the farmers were able to raise the price of corn, cows eat corn as part of their diet and their feed cost went up and the price of milk went up 25% literally overnight i'm not complaining about the cost just pointing it out as an example of what would happen if that was the route as an alternative fuel this country went...tobin

darknes

A couple countries have a mag-lev train that runs on electromagnets, and can reach very fast speeds. However, doing something like that for cars is not really feasible: costs would be ridiculous, let alone all the other complications.

happyvac

I don't think you'll be able to do anything like this (which is really similar in scale to the railroad expansion of the 19th century) these days. Too many people would be unwilling to give up their "free" cars (because if I'm correct your system is something like a rail, where you have a guided path you adhere to?) and the cost and manpower to change every single road would be ridiculous.