Toad Stool

gill again68

For some reason my toad stool has closed up and is just sitting there. All else seems to be well in the tank. Any ideas?
I have other leathers and polyps and such and they are all happy as can be. I will post some parameters today as today is water change day. Pictures will come too.

atrain5851

all leather corals go through a sloughing where they shed their slime coat or something like that haha. But it is normal and they all do it at different times. I wouldnt worry too much if your other corals are doing well.

gill again68

Thanks atrain. I had posted this twice and posted my parameters in the other post but just so you know all looked good. The toad stool is still in this closed phase.

nycbob

what kind of toadstool is it? is it touching any corals? is it getting to much or too little flow? also, try running carbon in case there is chemical warfare.

gill again68

Kind of, green lobed, as far as flow nothing has changed and it had been doing very well. Chemicals, should not be an issue but I am running GFO at the moment. I may run some carbon later today. Its not touching anything else.