Toadstool attaching question

zeroc

I have a big toadstool leather that is currently sitting down in the sand and is kind of block my view of a few corals and it's going to start to shade some near by corals as well. I'd like to move him towards the back of my tank on the rock work (like the big one reefkeepz has). Right now all he's attached to is a ton of pebbles. The rock i'd like to put him on is too big to move safely out of my tank to glue him. My question is if i put him back there on his side kind of, when the stem attaches will it right itself up?

sfoister

It will take quite a while for this to happen. Depending on the size this is what I would do. Buy a $2 media bag from your LFS (it's just a net bag) cut one of the sides so that it opens up in a triangle shape with one side still intact. Get a little rock or piece of rubble, set the toadstool on it, put the cut mesh/bag over top of it and rubberband the bottom together. Let it sit for a couple of weeks and it should be attached to the small rock. This will allow it to still get light through the mesh and waterflow.
I don't ever attach anything to a large rock because if I ever need to move my rocks around it make the job that much more difficult. With him attached to a small rock you can move him around anywhere he'll fit.

zeroc

i found a way to keep him up. he's pretty big already, it's atleast 7" across. as for the rock he's going to attach to, there's not much i can do with moving it anyways, i have a monti and some zoos already stuck to that rock. Most of my tank is DIY rock anyways, so i can always make more if i have to bash it up to frag stuff apart.