Toadstool Leather... not fragging, but just read...

salty gal

Speaking of a Toadstool Leather that is attached to multiple rocks... We have a large one, which we love, but also love rearraging our rocks, which we cant really do in the part of the tank anymore. Not to mention it is pretty and the clown thinks it is an anomone and it is his home.
Would it be possible to slice the attached part (the stalk) off the LR and slide a ...?? something?? ... in between the Leather and the LR you just sliced it from?
Would slicing on the stalk like that kill it?
And what on earth would you slide in there? I was thinking like a thin piece of shimming wood. But that is wood. Is wood ok to put in a tank long term?
And how would you get it to stay without glueing it?
Would the Leather that was on the LR attach to the ?? something?? and then you would be back at square one? Attached from the LR to the ?? something ?? and then the ??something?? attached to the 'mother' plant?
Many

spanko

Copy and paste this into a google search.
Coral Frag Propagation Tips, Techniques, & Resources
Then pick the first thing that comes up.

salty gal

I did that Spanko ... site is now in my favs. !!!!!
However the Toadstool leather link is dead.
I'm guessing I would slice it off the rock and then move the rock (without cause an avalanche!).
Then would the little slice left on that LR make a new one?? hhmmm
LOOK!!! I went and took pictures just for you guys:
Whole thing with "Nemo" (I have children): I didnt turn the flash on cuz I didn't want to freak out Nemo.
Attachment 213587
And then of the attachment:
Attachment 213588

coraljunkie

You should be able to just use your finger and gently work it away from the rock. You might leave a little bit of it behind but it will heal up just fine. What you leave behind will probably grow into a new leather.

A

alexmir

Thats not much at all. I would say try and manually seperate it. If that doesnt work, then just slice it right where the leather meets the rock, and slifde a frag disk, or a piece of ceramic tile in between the rock and the leather.