Toadstool Leather Question

iechy

I have a toadstool leather that has a few little growths on the underside of the top of the toadstool. I was just wondering if these are like buds or something. Can these be cut off and attached to new rocks to form new ones? If so, how? Just wondering if that is how they multiply.

engineer

I have read and heard tons that toadstools are very easy to propagate. If there are buds coming off the base I am sure they can be cut off. On mine where it was attached to a frag of rock, the rock broke off and took a little piece of the toadstool that was attached to it and it started showing polyps within a couple days to a week. I am not super familiar with the propogation technique, but know a lil bit.

mr. crabs

The same thing happens to my Toadstool leather too. And yes, you can set the buds on other rocks. I'm not sure if you can cut them off though. I just wait until the fall off.

chipmaker

I took a slice off the one toadstool I have, to include part of the stalk and some of the top. It was awhite colored mass inside sort of like what a cucumber looks like without the seeds. I stick it to a piece of live rock rubble with a hypodermic needle, and it took about a month and a half until it adhered to rock, heaped up and looked like a toadstool again, and its doing just fine.