Today in NFL

mike22cha

Who else was completely taken back by all of the upsets? Who would have thought the Panthers over the Stellers, or Eagles over Cowboys? Or how about Dolphins over Ravens?
Man the only game I think I got right was the Chargers vs. Detriot and the Browns vs. Bills.

renogaw

i'm wondering how many bookies just saved a ton of money by phily not running in for that touchdown

mike22cha

Originally Posted by mie
Come on man, Seattle frickin lost.

I know, I was realy shocked by that. But I was shocked by most of the games.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by PUFFY_FISH
The Jaguars beat the Steelers...and they are very good. The Panthers beat Seattle.
Jags are good, but I didn't think they could pull it off against the Steelers.

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Who else was completely taken back by all of the upsets? Who would have thought the Panthers over the Stellers, or Eagles over Cowboys? Or how about Dolphins over Ravens?
Man the only game I think I got right was the Chargers vs. Detriot and the Browns vs. Bills.

panthers over seahawks......but yeah i was suprised by the upsets and the poor play by most of the top teams...the colts should have tampled the raiders...goes to show that when teams on the playoff bubble what can happen

mike22cha

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
panthers over seahawks......but yeah i was suprised by the upsets and the poor play by most of the top teams...the colts should have tampled the raiders...goes to show that when teams on the playoff bubble what can happen
Oh yeah, don't know why I typed Steelers. Trying to remember who played who.

renogaw

Well not to many people expected them to lose.

woulda been a sweet upset and would have given the pats fans at work something to cry about, other than how badly the team played again (yes, they cry when the pats win...)

J

jrthomas40

i thought if there was anyone left on the steelers schedule that would give them a run it was the jags...they are do dynamic and just need a little more polishing next year to be up there with some of the bigger teams....i was REALLY suprised the ravens lost to the freakin dolphins!!!

mike22cha

i thought if there was anyone left on the steelers schedule that would give them a run it was the jags...they are do dynamic and just need a little more polishing next year to be up there with some of the bigger teams....i was REALLY suprised the ravens lost to the freakin dolphins!!!
Ya, but I didn't think Jags would win.
I was also hoping the Dolphins weren't going to win a game all season so I can laugh in some Dolphin fans' I know faces.

ruaround

i was hoping that the Pats would lose... the Jets hung in there but just couldnt finish it...
i couldnt believe how the Eagles finished that game... i thought it was kind of a slap in the face when Westbrook layed dwn on th1 yd line and they just ran the clock out by taking knees...
i really wouldnt call the Jags over the Stelers an upset... the Jags are a solid team and a great record this year...

J

jrthomas40

Ya, but I didn't think Jags would win.
I was also hoping the Dolphins weren't going to win a game all season so I can laugh in some Dolphin fans' I know faces.

i dont know why i wanted them to lose too...i guess for history sake...first team to be undeafted in 72 and the first to go winless in 07...but i know i would not like to be part of that history...lol

ruaround

i dont know why i wanted them to lose too...i guess for history sake...first team to be undeafted in 72 and the first to go winless in 07...but i know i would not like to be part of that history...lol
the Bucs lost every game their first season... the only team ever to do so... infact they went 0 - 26 with their first win in the 13th week of their second season...
one of the greatest quotes ever came from that defeated season:
reporter: what do you think about your teams execution?
John McKay (head coach of the 1976 Bucs): Im all for it.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by ruaround
i was hoping that the Pats would lose... the Jets hung in there but just couldnt finish it...
i couldnt believe how the Eagles finished that game... i thought it was kind of a slap in the face when Westbrook layed dwn on th1 yd line and they just ran the clock out by taking knees...
i really wouldnt call the Jags over the Stelers an upset... the Jags are a solid team and a great record this year...
No it wasn't an upset. I just didn't pick the Jags to win, that's all. Today has been realy interesting. And the fact the Dolphins are bragging makes them look 10x more pathetic.

jerthunter

The only down side to the Dolphin winning is that they won't be winning their first game at the same time the Cheatriots lose their first when they meet...

bjoe23

Shouldnt the biggest story be the the patriots are 2 games away from perfection? nothing is stoping them now!