todays ordeal

maddog0118

feeding my fish and no wrasse and niger trigger..niger normaly hides in the rock crevices...well the wrasse was in a whole in the rock and the niger swam into the hole almost his whole entire body except his tail..well he got stock and the wrasee was blocked in..pulled the rock out and couldnt get him out...took out hammer and chisel..didnt even scratch the rock...so i said one option left pull the tail fin real hard and hope..it didnt work..he was stuck..i got my daughter and i told her to pull as hard as she can and ill squeeze his top and bottom in and after a minute she got him out..he was scratched up but 5 hours later he is swimming around....looks messed up like he was in a fight..he was out of water for a while but hope is good in the morn

srfisher17

Originally Posted by maddog0118
http:///forum/post/2895380
feeding my fish and no wrasse and niger trigger..niger normaly hides in the rock crevices...well the wrasse was in a whole in the rock and the niger swam into the hole almost his whole entire body except his tail..well he got stock and the wrasee was blocked in..pulled the rock out and couldnt get him out...took out hammer and chisel..didnt even scratch the rock...so i said one option left pull the tail fin real hard and hope..it didnt work..he was stuck..i got my daughter and i told her to pull as hard as she can and ill squeeze his top and bottom in and after a minute she got him out..he was scratched up but 5 hours later he is swimming around....looks messed up like he was in a fight..he was out of water for a while but hope is good in the morn
Usually, when triggers seem to be stuck, they aren't. Its very normal for Nigers, and other triggers, to wedge themselves into tight spots; by locking their dorsal fin. They are seldom dumb enough to cram into a spot they can't get out of. When this 1st happened to me, I remember trying to get him out; impossible. He was swimming normally shortly after I gave up.

maddog0118

i open that lid he is the first to come for dinner...he was trying to get out but couldnt...that hole was small...have no idea how he got in it

R

rcreations

My Niger did that too but they're not really stuck. One time mine got in a tight space and didn't come out for days, not even to eat which was very unusual. But after that he came out by himself, like nothing happened.

ca161406

this happend to my foxface, i was able to break the rock to get him out but he wound up dying about an hour later