Told LFS they're full of S?

benrock

Quote:
" i give this site and message board address out all of the time at fish stores... during general conversation... friends... family... but somehow or another... most of them i see frequently seem to think the LFS advice is best. Oh well!"
I think too many people don't want to take the time to read; you also would think with as many books as the LFS try to sell you at high prices they'd start to do some reading as well. I see the same stuff all the time here in Kansas. You can't win w/ them and that's when I just look at them with the following quote:
"Is it because light travels faster than the speed of sound that some people appear brighter before they speak??" :p
Ben

rontam1979

Found it! Thanks again. Have you been to the living sea aquarium in Park Ridge? Tons of salt water fish, not to mention their shark lagoon. Very pretty animals, but the prices are usually double those here! :eek:

josh

Most everybody has gotten bunk info at the LFS.
What I can say is, if you hear the LFS spewing garbage just to make a sale to a newbie....don't hesitate to interject if you are sure you know about the topic. Bad advice which leads to fish and coral deaths is what will eventually lead to the demise or regulation of this hobby.

tahoe ocean

Let's see... the LFS went out of business in January.
I know for a fact that his advise and "medical knowledge" regarding other animals was DEPLORABLE so I never listened to any of his advise on fish, and usually bought stuff there only if I had to have it and couldn't get it out of town to a real store.
He claims the internet and big companies put him out of business but he had the only saltwater stuff and the only birds and reptiles within 45 min drive.