Tomato Clown Moving Sand With Tail

donna2933

I have a large tomato clown that keeps the sand all stirred up around a carpet I have. The fish gets in the sand and stirs it up with his tail. Why is this fish doing this? Only does it around the carpet it stays in.
Thanks
Donna

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That tail swishing you describe in clowns is typical behavor for them. They do it to each other as agressive or sexual overtures or, in the case of the carpet, it is likely a means of establishing territorial boundaries.

donna2933

Originally posted by beth:
That tail swishing you describe in clowns is typical behavor for them. They do it to each other as agressive or sexual overtures or, in the case of the carpet, it is likely a means of establishing territorial boundaries.

Thanks for info. Donna

badboy822

My large tomato clown did this too. Cleared the sand down to the acrylic and would not let another fish in the area. He was funnyto watch.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps clowns are like me.....they can't stand dirty carpets so they swish and sweep! LOL

jcb

I have a maroon clown and he does this to the sand where he likes hanging around. At one point I thought he was scratching an itch. This made me a little concerned at one point. I'm relieved to now find out it's normal behavior. Thanks, guys... and gals....

M

mitch24

My domino damsel does that a lot with his tail. I never knew why, but its funny to watch him mix up the gravel with it :)