tomato clown with false percs?

sduerk

I have two false perculas and I saw a tomato clown with a LTA in the pet store the other day. For some reason I seem to remember someone saying not to mix different clown fish. Is there any truth to this and will the addition affect or somehow harm the BTA that I already have in the tank. The false percs have not taken to it yet.

koiman6

To keep mulitple clownfish they must be intorduced at the same time. If you introduce a tomato clown it will cause WWIII.

sduerk

I did some more research and I found that as usual there is around a 50/50 split between those who think it will be ok and those who think it's suicide. So once again the philosophy of "it's your tank and therefore, you decision" rules. But I appreciate you input.

jpeavytx

I added a pair of Clarkii clowns to my tank about a month after having a tomato in there. The clarkii's are about twice his size and they get along pretty well. If anything the clarkiis pick on the tomato.

S

sebae0

i entered a tomato after my false percs and world war III did break out, if i were you i wouldnt do it the tomato is a much more agrressive fish than the false percs.