Tonga Rock - $1.50

jdm

I have several thousand pounds of Tonga Rock used for saltwater aquariums as a biological filter. I have all sizes large, medium, small, and rumble. Most of it is currently dried out and will need to be recured for 3-4 weeks. Please contact me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks!

florida joe

Originally Posted by renogaw
how and why did you get thousands of pounds?
now my friend that is a very very good question

renogaw

just scares me... several thousands of pounds, no pics, first post, new to the site, people are sending him/her money... just sounds like a scam.

florida joe

Originally Posted by renogaw
just scares me... several thousands of pounds, no pics, first post, new to the site, people are sending him/her money... just sounds like a scam.
This it the season for giving BUT some people out there think it’s the time for taking

jdm

I know it sounds kinda strange, I just joined this forum so thats why I dont have a lot of posts. I dont think there is any branch in there but I havent opened all the boxes. I am in the import export business, specifically I distibute natural stone tile. One of the guys I do this with is from the South Pacific and he had all of this shipped out after a hurricane over there, but didnt know anything about it. After several months and lots of little creatures crawling out it dried out and died :( . He had no idea what to do with it and since I had just gotten back into the hobby a few months ago, I told him Id put some feelers out to help him. I took a couple pictures this morning and will be uploading them once I get home and can take them off the camera. There are a couple LFS that are interested, but seriously it is A LOT of rock, so that why its cheap. I wasnt expecting to get such a response :) Thanks for all the replies and interest, Ill post pictures as soon as I can.

jdm

here are a couple photos, for size reference the box is 24"x24" and the aquarium is a 10gal :)

maelv

Originally Posted by mckaax
..... If it is all dry it cant be alive anymore.
No, not alive anymore, but it doesn't take long at all for it to become live.....I have purchased dry rock (not from him, from someone else), and in just over two months that this thing has been running, it is covered in coraline algae and life.......it is a way to get more rock for your money because it is dry you get bigger peices that weigh less than they would at your LFS because of being soaked in water....

blcard

I also used dry rock (not from this guy) to help add bulk. I ordered 70# and couldn't believe how much it really was!
Its been setup for 6 months now with some new live and some additons from some existing tanks and you can't tell the difference. I can't even tell on some of them.

triga22

I made my own rock. After a few months in the tank you cannot tell it apart from the other rocks.

renogaw

Originally Posted by TriGa22
I made my own rock. After a few months in the tank you cannot tell it apart from the other rocks.

i need to get off my butt and do this. I need some nice shelf pieces that i don't think i'll ever find naturally.

jdm

Thank you all for the response, Ive currently got a sale pending on most of the rock, I may have a little left over once everything is weighed out and delivered and will repost if there is anything left! Happy holidays!