tonights tank pics! and macro shots

danrw84

in case anyones wondering,...
i started my tank september 5th of this year. so ive had it about 3 months?
just decided one day i wanted one
i used a magnifying glass for the closeups, because i dont have a macro camera on hand. I have a nice minolta but my buddy is borrowing it. the bum.
its one of those 2x magnifying glasses, i look at my stuff with it sometimes, and it has a little 1 inch circle that is 6X and i put the lens up to that. worked good huh?
anyway, i actually talied up a list of stuff. for some reason my boss spoils me to death and treats me like a son, so i can afford all this stuff. i love it. getting some more tommorow!

bdhough

Are you kidding 3 months you've bought all that? Geez. I suppose whenever i graduate next year ill get stuff like that. Already eyeing the 72 corner tank. My 12 is coming along nicely though. Just need some money for my first brain. ---- will solve that in about 2 weeks.

betrthandanrw84

im going to steel ur tank in the middle of the night, we need to go by some more lr and some

[hr]
fish ur tank is so nice im pissed ewwwwwwwwwww.

krishj39

danrw, i got to this thread late, but good looking tank! I also like those shrimp. how many skunks do you have in there?

hnf2k

yes if it is the red general it is not reef safe. there was a thread a while back where someone had one and posted a picture of one of his corals that was always closed and wanted to know why. the reason was the starfish. goto this site and make like you are going to buy one, and in the description it says not reef safe.

danrw84

krishj39
3 skunks in there... 2 big one small. i want to trade a big one for another small to my lfs.
i really like that starfish. hes cool! what does he do thats bad?
he's always out on the rock.
none of my corals are closed, yet. what are some symptoms? that bum.!

danrw84

by the way, got some more mushroom rocks today. One of them was a tiny one , with one tiny BRIGHT blue striped mushroom. never seen one like this so i got it
also got a small red brain with green center

hnf2k

i honestly couldnt tell you what he would do, but i just know that most starfish are not reef safe. that starfish in general is a preditory(spelling)one. it might eat corals. put up a post about it and im sure someone will know.