Tony Detroit and Nicky1.8t - I got her . . .

tangman99

I appreciate the help you guys gave me many moons ago when I was thinking of getting a motorcycle. I picked her up last week from the dealer in Daytona. Picked up some sweet gear also (Arai RX-7 Corsair White Wraith helmet, Alpinestar Stunter leather jacket and Dainese Firestarter gloves). I have not found any boots that I like yet. Any suggestions for some that aren't "too out there"?

1968oldsma

i dont know if you know about DENNISKIRKdotCOM but thats where i get all my stuff from mind you i have an ATV and a snowmobile but they sell stuff for harley's and street bikes there prices arent to bad either.

malounsbury

Nice looking CBR there TangMan. Always wanted one myself, but the wife tells me she'll divorce me because she doesn't need me killed. Although I claim that it wouldn't be me but some idiot driver in a car that would kill me. :D

tangman99

1968OldsMa,
I'll check out that site and see what they have. Thanks for the link
Malounsbury,
Thanks. I know what you mean. That is why it took me over a year to make up my mind to get the bike. I have a 2 year old daughter so I had a lot to consider. I finally realized that all my friends have families also and I could get killed in a car crash if it's my time to go. Heck, being surrounded by fibreglass in corvette is not the best protection in the world. I just decided that I would be responsible and make sure I have plenty of life insurance and disability in case something happens.

tony detroit

Nice buy. I love the F4i's throttle feel as compared to my bike. A old riding buddy let me spin his up nicely one night. They're smooth.
Now chop that mudflap off and we can talk. :D

tangman99

Originally Posted by tony detroit
Looking at the bike I'm gonna guess 00-02' ???
Looks new though, other than the shiny pipe. Is that stock?
Brand new 2005 all factory original right now. Had 1 mile on it when I picked it up. I know, I need a fender elimination kit, but I don't know the best one to get yet and I'm not ready to cut up a brand new bike. I also have to cut the bike to put frame sliders on it so they are going to wait also.
The shiney pipe is stock. Here is the model off the honda website.

schneidts

nice bike, Tangman. I sold my crotchrocket about 7 yrs ago, and my dominant wife says never again. :rolleyes: I prolly shouldn't have told her all those wreckless high speed stories...

tony detroit

Dang, way off on that one. On any note, be safe on that thing, I've had some close calls. The worst were coming down off wheelies, when you're up, you just can't bring yourself to set the thing down, you want to keep going and going. I had quite a few close calls when I used to ride on the street. Ride safe, shiny side up.
T

moto757

nice i got an 01 f4i and love it try alpinestars boots or look at joe rocket makes some nice boots that look like something you can actually were out into a place and not look like you just walked off the track when you get the money or nerve up try hotbodies undertails or look on e$$yi got and undertail for 110 bucks shipped and maybe a steering stablizer i got one of e$$y also have fun riding. and to think I was just about to start a thread about riding season getting nice and who had been out

tangman99

I have not seen many parts for an 05 yet. All of them seem to run through 03 for some reason. I'm sure they will get some out before long.

nyyankeees

Being a chick I don't know much about bikes.... but I did want to tell you I'm glad to see you are smart and wear a helmet. In case others don't know, FL doesn't have a helmet law and I see people everyday cruising around w/out one, duh! It only takes a split second for your brain to hit the pavement!! I'm glad you're smarter than that. :yes:

tangman99

Originally Posted by NYyankeees
Being a chick I don't know much about bikes.... but I did want to tell you I'm glad to see you are smart and wear a helmet. In case others don't know, FL doesn't have a helmet law and I see people everyday cruising around w/out one, duh! It only takes a split second for your brain to hit the pavement!! I'm glad you're smarter than that. :yes:
Don't cut yourself short being a chick. I was surprised at the number of women riding sportbikes these days or any type of bike for that matter. There are 2 women that I work with that ride. One has an R6 and the other has a Katana.
As far as helmets, my melon is precious to me so I'm only going to put the very best I can get on it. I was riding this weekend and saw a guy on a GSX-R 1000 with shorts, tank top, sandles and no helmet. His girlfriend was on the back dressed the same way. To each their own, but the thought of riding that way just makes me cringe.

tony detroit

Definitely don't cut youself short for being a girl. Myself and Daniel411 both got passed by a girl last year at the track. (shhh, don't tell anybody though)
Tangman, after a couple weeks, you'll know the bike very well and love the thing. My favorite bike next to a gixxer is a honda. What made you not get the RR?

tangman99

Originally Posted by tony detroit
Definitely don't cut youself short for being a girl. Myself and Daniel411 both got passed by a girl last year at the track. (shhh, don't tell anybody though)
Tangman, after a couple weeks, you'll know the bike very well and love the thing. My favorite bike next to a gixxer is a honda. What made you not get the RR?
I was considering the RR heavily, but the F4i has a much more comfortable position. I took into account my age (almost 40) and decided to go for comfort. The F4i is much more comfortable than the RR. The RR stretched you out a little too much for my taste. I had many discussions and read many posts by people on some bike forums comparing the 2 bikes. The RR is the race ready version with both sharing the same engine. Don't quote me but I think the F4i is only about 10 horsepower less than the RR and has a much smoother powerband for just joy riding. I'll never do any track days as the nearest track is 2 hours away so the F4i seemed like the perfect bike.
The biggest decision factor is that with my riding ability, I would not be get any more out of the RR than I can the F4i. Now give me a couple of years and I may be getting a GSX-R 1000 or the RR1000, but my Honda will serve me well until then.
I do love the GSX-Rs. I sat on one a dozen times thinking about it. My friend is wanting to get the GSX-R 600, but he has never ridden a motorcycle before. I'm trying to tell him he's biting off more than he can chew, but you can probably imagine how that is going.

tony detroit

Yup. Once your eyes are set, they're set. I know this much, if a Gixxer600 was the first bike I'd stepped foot on, I'd be dead.
Tell your buddy to be careful. And at any not, gloves, jacket and helmet, all the time, regardless of weather. Especially gloves. The first thing you do when you fall is put your hands out.

1968oldsma

i know a lot of female riders my only suggestion is change your font it's killing my eyes......lol just kidding.. I'm more of a Harley guy myself i was going to get a gsxr1000 about a year ago but the misses veto'ed that idea which to be honest on her part wasnt the smartest idea cause instead i bought a 89 corvette which is getting it's own set of T50 hair dryers once i sell my 68 olds to pay for the fabrication. I just finished the engine for the build up it's a 383ci LT1 which is at 420hp as it sits i'm looking for around 1000hp when i'm all set and done i've built this motor to safely rev to 8k so i'm looking for boost upwards of 26psi sorry to get off topic i'm just getting excited thinking about this pig..

nas19320

Nice looking bike there Tangman. Though I've never actually ridden one I hear they are great bikes. Ride safe.