Tony Romo best player in the Probowl!

oceanists

Romo proved he was one of the best qbs in the NFL this year , and he gets his shot in the probowl after only playing a half season , how many times has this happened before? Had a better season that Drew pad my stats Brees. Maybe not stat wise but success wise. This is why Payton wanted to bring Romo with him to the Saints....

ruaround

nah... the best player in the Pro Bowl was Mr. Derrick Brooks... this makes 10 for him... this may be Romo's one and only... although Will Sheilds has gone to 12... but i still think Derrick Brooks... as far as play in the Pro Bowl... Reggie Wayne gets my vote for MVP...
how does Brees pad his stats??? he throws to receivers that catch the and run with it...

payton 350

Originally Posted by Oceanists
? Had a better season that Drew pad my stats Brees. Maybe not stat wise but success wise. ....

success wise?? i believe Mr. Brees was in the NFC championship game....where was Mr. oh no i don't know how to hold a snap Romo finish?

bayside

no kiding romo had 2 or 3 good games and now basically what your saying is that he is the best player in the nfl.
dont know about you but id take any player in the pro bowl to put on my team other than tony romo, cockiest player i have ever seen to not accomplish anything.

lion_crazz

One of the best QBs in the NFL? I would not say he was one of the best and I surely would not say he was better or did more than Drew Brees. Brees was a potential MVP candidate right behind LT. Tony Romo made plenty of mistakes and personally cost his team the playoff game when all he had to do was hold the ball. I have nothing against Romo and I actually really like the guy, but I would never dare to compare him to Drew Brees.
Payton wanted Romo because he would cost the Saints NOTHING before the season started, whereas Brees cost $50 million.

payton 350

let's give Romo a full season then decide how good he is......he started like Grossman did his first 5-7 games.....then faded badly.......After Rex's first 5 games everyone thought he was having a MVP type season then defense figured him out, just like they did Romo.
And no i am not saying Romo is like Grossman or the other way around...
just a thought though ***)

lion_crazz

Yep, I agree. Let's see how he plays after a full season. I mean, come on, they got blown out by the Saints at home, they lost badly to the Eagles (also at home), their last game of the season to the Lions at home was a big loss and lost in the playoffs to a Seahawks team that had Pete Hunter, straight off the bowling lane, playing cornerback. Granted, a lot of the blame falls on the coach, but some falls on Romo too.
If this post was made by a non-Cowboy fan, I mght be tempted to consider the person joking. I am not really sure how one could even compare Brees and Romo.

dr. evil

oops i goofed the original post did not claim he was the best player in the league. my bad. but he still sucks hee hee GO SAINTS GO!!!

emmitt2

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Yep, I agree. Let's see how he plays after a full season. I mean, come on, they got blown out by the Saints at home, they lost badly to the Eagles (also at home), their last game of the season to the Lions at home was a big loss and lost in the playoffs to a Seahawks team that had Pete Hunter, straight off the bowling lane, playing cornerback. Granted, a lot of the blame falls on the coach, but some falls on Romo too.
If this post was made by a non-Cowboy fan, I mght be tempted consider the person joking. I am not really sure how one could even compare Brees and Romo.
Wow! Maybe highest post counts wasn't the best way to pick the new mods :thinking: Yourself, journey and hot883 prove your inferiority to the original mods with every instigating, nonsensical and HYPOCRITICAL post you make
Pretty pathetic for supposed moderators.
You have at least increased the laugh factor 1000% for me though

emmitt2

Pathetic, as usual

I like how my deleted post was 100% correct so you went back and edited your post, then deleted mine. Stick to batfish

oceanists

:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish
woooooooooooo im at my limit... thanks guys my family can eat tonight

1journeyman

Emmitt2 please don't insult (referring to your deleted posts) other posters (that includes Mods). If you don't like something feel free to disagree in a constructive manner.
If you need to report a bad post use the "report link" (as soon as it is functioning again).
The "Aquarium" forum is designed for off topic posts for salt water aquarium enthusiasts It was never designed to be the primary hang out area of forum members.
We as Mods have discussed this forum. At the moment we tend to agree it's a neccessary evil (as opposed to having nonsense posts in every forum) but none of us are particularly happy with having to wade through the posts here breaking up fights and moderating inappropriate posts.
That being said, the rules for personal behavior apply to this forum as much as they apply elsewhere.

emmitt2

Yes, the rules do apply to this forum as much as elsewhere but that goes for MODS as well as myself. You want me to report a MODS bad post to the MOD who posted it??? Sounds like a great idea.
Weird how you guys aren't particularly happy "wading through the posts here breaking up fights" when you are the ones starting/continuing a good deal of them :notsure:

1journeyman

Originally Posted by emmitt2
Yes, the rules do apply to this forum as much as elsewhere but that goes for MODS as well as myself. You want me to report a MODS bad post to the MOD who posted it??? Sounds like a great idea.......
The report feature sends an email to all the mods. If you have an issue with a post, Mod, topic, etc. then that is the way to handle it.
As I said, that feature is currently disabled. When it is functioning again please feel free to write, in detail, any complaints you have.

emmitt2

Yeah, well let me know when that is fixed and i will. Until then, i guess the new mods don't have to follow the same rules as we do since my valid complaints are deleted. Please tell me how i was to report that inappropriate post by a Mod other than posting a response about it?
Lion's post was completely inappropriate and you/he know it, hence the edit!

oceanists

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Emmitt2 please don't insult (referring to your deleted posts) other posters (that includes Mods). If you don't like something feel free to disagree in a constructive manner.
If you need to report a bad post use the "report link" (as soon as it is functioning again).
The "Aquarium" forum is designed for off topic posts for salt water aquarium enthusiasts It was never designed to be the primary hang out area of forum members.
We as Mods have discussed this forum. At the moment we tend to agree it's a neccessary evil (as opposed to having nonsense posts in every forum) but none of us are particularly happy with having to wade through the posts here breaking up fights and moderating inappropriate posts.
That being said, the rules for personal behavior apply to this forum as much as they apply elsewhere.

sounds like you dont like being a mod ..... isnt that a mods functions??
sounds like lazy america to me at its finest

oceanists

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo passed for a team-high 156 yards, playing just the second half Sunday in his first-ever Pro Bowl. Romo completed 11-of-19 passes, with a touchdown and an interception in the NFC's 31-28 loss. With his team down eight points in the final three minutes, Romo fired a 47-yard touchdown pass to Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin, followed by another short pass to Carolina receiver Steve Smith for a game-tying two-point conversion. Although the AFC scored as time expired on San Diego kicker Nate Kaeding's 21-yard field goal. Romo was one of seven Cowboys players on the NFC squad, along with Roy Williams, Jason Witten, Andre Gurode, DeMarcus Ware, Flozell Adams and Mat McBriar.
Best QB in the PRO BOWL

hot883

Emmitt2, leave it alone. You are going to cause this thread to get locked because:
It now is about you and the complaints instead of " Romo ".

Get the thread back on the subject and/or move on. Barry