Tony Romo best player in the Probowl!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Oceanists
sounds like you dont like being a mod ..... isnt that a mods functions?? ...
Oceanists, reread what I said. I love this hobby and this forum and community. Wading through nonsensical posts about sports teams, jokes, religion, politics, etc. is what gets old. Especially when it gets down to the same people causing the same issues in every post.
As I recall, not too long ago you yourself grew weary of this forum so I'm sure you can understand.
As for the "lazy" comment, the mods here all are volunteers. That strikes me as being fairly anti-lazy.

emmitt2

Not that i agree with the original, half joking topic of the thread but there is no question who the better qb on the field was yesterday. Brees was PATHETIC in the game and couldn't move the offense 1 inch while Romo brought the NFC back and showed that he will be a top notch qb in this league. All beware the rise of the Romo(n) Empire!!!

ruaround

Originally Posted by Oceanists
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo passed for a team-high 156 yards, playing just the second half Sunday in his first-ever Pro Bowl. Romo completed 11-of-19 passes, with a touchdown and an interception in the NFC's 31-28 loss. With his team down eight points in the final three minutes, Romo fired a 47-yard touchdown pass to Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin, followed by another short pass to Carolina receiver Steve Smith for a game-tying two-point conversion. Although the AFC scored as time expired on San Diego kicker Nate Kaeding's 21-yard field goal. Romo was one of seven Cowboys players on the NFC squad, along with Roy Williams, Jason Witten, Andre Gurode, DeMarcus Ware, Flozell Adams and Mat McBriar.
Best QB in the PRO BOWL
i would say Carson Palmer was the best QB... he threw for 190 yds 2 TD's and NO ints... he also lead the game winning drive...

lion_crazz

Emmitt, your post was incorrect. I said what I said because I know both you and Oceanists are die-hard Cowboy fans (the only two very vocal ones on the message board). I knew both of you would not joke about saying that the Cowboys QB is the best. You even once said that you were not sure what to call Romo - Troy or Roger. If Scuba posted it, I would know he was joking because he does not care for the guy all that much. If TX Reef posted that Peyton Manning was the best, I would assume that he was not joking either because of his love of the Indianapolis Colts.
I went back and edited my post because you misinterpreted it. If you misinterpreted it, I figured others might as well. I solved the problem, and hence, your post was deleted because it no longer applied. What more do you want? You want me to say that I am sorry for your misinterpretation of what I meant? Well, I'm sorry that I posted something in a way that you took offense.
I do not purposely try and start fights. I am a moderator, and I want there to be less fights, not more. As I have said MANY times, disagreements are fine, but when personal attacks on other members are thrown out there, it becomes a "fight". I did not attack anyone with my post. I was simply stating factual information that I knew that both of you would not joke about something of the matter because you are both loyal Cowboy fans.

emmitt2

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Oceanists, reread what I said. I love this hobby and this forum and community. Wading through nonsensical posts about sports teams, jokes, religion, politics, etc. is what gets old. Especially when it gets down to the same people causing the same issues in every post.
As I recall, not too long ago you yourself grew weary of this forum so I'm sure you can understand.
As for the "lazy" comment, the mods here all are volunteers. That strikes me as being fairly anti-lazy.

A good portion of those "nonsensical posts about sports, politics, etc." are from the new group of mods
As for the same people doing it every time, I agree. I notice you can never seem to resist interjecting yourself into every thread i post in to try and contradict me :thinking:

emmitt2

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Emmitt, your post was incorrect. I said what I said because I know both you and Oceanists are die-hard Cowboy fans (the only two very vocal ones on the message board). I knew both of you would not joke about saying that the Cowboys QB is the best. If Scuba posted it, I would know he was joking because he does not care for the guy all that much. If TX Reef posted that Peyton Manning was the best, I would assume that he was not joking either because of his love of the Indianapolis Colts.
I went back and edited my post because you misinterpreted it. If you misinterpreted it, I figured others might as well. I do not purposely try and start fights. I am a moderator, and I want there to be less fights, not more. As I have said MANY times, disagreements are fine, but when personal attacks on other members are thrown out there, it becomes a "fight". I did not attack anyone with my post. I was simply stating factual information that I knew that both of you would not joke about something of the matter because you are both loyal Cowboy fans.
Thats not what you meant by the post and you know it. We both know what the actual meaning was meant to be

payton 350

i did not see the original post as an insult or anything.......maybe it got misinterpreted but it wasn't a big deal.........this thread should be closed as to the original post is not even talked about anymore and it's just a big deal that shouldn't be

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by emmitt2
Thats not what you meant by the post and you know it. We both know what the actual meaning was meant to be

Well, only I know my thoughts, and I know what I meant with the post. You assumed that I was trying to attack you, and that was not the case. I apologize if you took it the wrong way.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Payton 350
i did not see the original post as an insult or anything.......maybe it got misinterpreted but it wasn't a big deal.........this thread should be closed as to the original post is not even talked about anymore and it's just a big deal that shouldn't be
Agreed