Too full?

sammyg

Ok, I know most of you out there hate these types of posts, but here goes.
Would this stocking list be too much in a 45 gallon?
1 b&w clown
2 firefish gobies
1 Yellow watchman goby
[1 6 line wrasse]
[1 flame angel]
The fish in brackets are ones I don't have yet. I had always planned on adding the flame last as my "center piece" fish, but recently I've been wondering about adding another small fish before that. Any thoughts on that? Any suggestions to replace the wrasse with something else?
I prefer having a light bio-load, so if I'm pushing it I would like to err on the side of caution.
By the way, this is a reef tank with mushrooms, gsp, zoos, leather, pipe organ, torch, and xenia so far.
Thanks is advance,
Sam

flatzboy

Originally posted by SammyG
Ok, I know most of you out there hate these types of posts, but here goes.
Would this stocking list be too much in a 45 gallon?
1 b&w clown
2 firefish gobies
1 Yellow watchman goby
[1 6 line wrasse]
[1 flame angel]
The fish in brackets are ones I don't have yet. I had always planned on adding the flame last as my "center piece" fish, but recently I've been wondering about adding another small fish before that. Any thoughts on that? Any suggestions to replace the wrasse with something else?
I prefer having a light bio-load, so if I'm pushing it I would like to err on the side of caution.
By the way, this is a reef tank with mushrooms, gsp, zoos, leather, pipe organ, torch, and xenia so far.
Thanks is advance,
Sam

IMO your tank would be fine as long as you have a good skimmer and agood amount of liverock.:yes:

aqua39

that sounds like an awesome tank. I would suggest just going with the fish listed. the less bioload the better.

sammyg

And just for fun, here's a shot of my newest addition, a torch. I've had it for a little over a week, and seems to be doing well. I fed it some mysis, and it's quite cool to watch it grab the hunk and suck it in!

sammyg

Thanks you guys. So no one thinks adding a 6 line and a flame is too much?
And no one has a really cool small fish idea to replace the 6 line?
-Sam

aqua39

you should look at some other wrasses. they have a lot of small and very beautiful wrasses at many different online lfs.