Too Funny!

bambam_250r

So, last night I go to the LFS. I pick up a Lettuce Leaf Nudi and 2 Nassarius snails. I put them in my tank and I notice the crabs fighting with 1 of the snails. They left the other alone. Well, I get my stick and pull them off. In a minute this 1 crab was back on it. I get it off again. 1 minute later, same thing. I grab my stick but by then, the snail WAS OUT OF IT'S SHELL :scared: . 5 seconds later, the crab jumped into the snail's shell and the snail was on my glass, without a shell. Never seen this before. I can't find the snail now. I think it went under the sand. But that's CRAZY!

clay12340

The snail is dead and eaten by now. Hermits have a tendency to shell-jack your clean-up crew when the urge strikes them. It is humorous to watch them fight over shells and try them on for size, but it sucks when they kill your snails to do it :(

larryndana

i agree, the price should have been lower....unless he as a big guy.
you may want to buy some empty shells, maybe they will be less likely to rob your snails of them.

autofreak44

yeah same thing happened to me, 3 of my hermits ganged up on my margarita and tore it to shreds but they havent used the shell yet :thinking:

bambam_250r

Everything out here is more money. A purple firefish is $60 most places. Live Rock is $10 a pound most places. I can find it for $5 a pound but it's not that great.
I have a bunch of empty shells in my tank already. I'll just get some more.

larryndana

Originally Posted by BamBam_250r
Everything out here is more money. A purple firefish is $60 most places. Live Rock is $10 a pound most places. I can find it for $5 a pound but it's not that great.
I have a bunch of empty shells in my tank already. I'll just get some more.
i bought some lr from online, got it for less than half of what lfs here sells it for. looks awesome, too.

bambam_250r

Originally Posted by larryndana
i bought some lr from online, got it for less than half of what lfs here sells it for. looks awesome, too.

I'm just glad I don't need any more unless I put a 10 gallon refugium on my tank. Then I don't care what it looks like.