too much pods

soo high

well pods are good for the tanks but i have way too many i mean there all over my glass and all over the sand bed. All i see is pods 10000000000000000 of them and my tangs and trigers are not even eating it...hmm is there any way to get rid of some of it? or what kind of fish that would eat them?

fishieness

what size tank is it? Hmm.... not all too much that owuld be completly trigger safe. well... it would depend on the trigger. I have some right after my 40 breeder cycled..... it was insane.... whneever you would see a hermit walking it would literaly look like the sand was moving..... I still have a good number, but not nearly as much.
they will probably dissapear on their own. But not so much unless you have something to eat them. My CBS goes through my polyps and picks them out. ANd my moroon clown is literaly always fat weather i feed it or not from picking thme off of the glass.
so i guess the question is... how big is your tank and how agressive are your triggers?

monalisa

Originally Posted by fishieness
what size tank is it? Hmm.... not all too much that owuld be completly trigger safe. well... it would depend on the trigger. I have some right after my 40 breeder cycled..... it was insane.... whneever you would see a hermit walking it would literaly look like the sand was moving..... I still have a good number, but not nearly as much.
they will probably dissapear on their own. But not so much unless you have something to eat them. My CBS goes through my polyps and picks them out. ANd my moroon clown is literaly always fat weather i feed it or not from picking thme off of the glass.
so i guess the question is... how big is your tank and how agressive are your triggers?
So Fishieness,
By CBS, I'm assuming you mean coral banded shrimp, right? Just wondering because I have a coral banded shrimp and a coral beauty angel and I never see pods in my tank, but my skimmer is full of them!! I guess I've been assuming that they're in the tank if they're in the skimmer...right???? At least that's what I've been told. Hmmmmmm....
Lisa :happyfish

fishieness

i do mean coral banded shrimp. He crawls around with a few of his arms feeling in between rocks and polyps.
they probably are in the tank. Either somethign is eating them or they are hiding under rocks. They cant realy hide in your skimmer. lol.
and by the way soO high...... its "too MANY pods?" sorry.... my mom is an english teacher ;-)

soo high

i do mean coral banded shrimp. He crawls around with a few of his arms feeling in between rocks and polyps.
they probably are in the tank. Either somethign is eating them or they are hiding under rocks. They cant realy hide in your skimmer. lol.
and by the way soO high...... its "too MANY pods?" sorry.... my mom is an english teacher ;-)
thank for telling me

soo high

and o yea my triggers are girly men lol every time i turn off my light they go right to there cave and every time my yellow tang goes near it, the darn trigger just give it a kiss or somthing.... very strange triggers i have and its a black trigger

C

civileng68

I just got a POD outbreak this past week ( i didnt even know what they were at the time ) and I was scared I was being overrun with them, then suddenly I noticed my false percs not eating when I fed them. So I watched them and noticed they were eating all of the PODS off of the glass!!!!!

jes723ika

alright, really stupid question, dont laugh at me, but what do pods look like????? how can you tell if you have them?

drew2005

Originally Posted by Jes723ika
alright, really stupid question, dont laugh at me, but what do pods look like????? how can you tell if you have them?

Look in the hitchiker thread. There are pics of them. Dont get rid of the pods. They are a good thing. Fish food and they eat detritus. They will slowly decrease in population. They are a sign of a healthy tank.

monalisa

That's funny...I work in Health Information Technology, and a flub like that is a like fingernails on a chalkboard...sorry SoO High, just had to say...yikes :hilarious
But than, were not hear to disgust grammer, are we?
Lisa :happyfish