Took my 11 yr old for a date. The theme.......50s night. WOOT!

socal57che

Our church organized a "date night with dad" for 5th grade girls this weekend so I slicked my hair and wiped the dust off the old car. Sierra wore a poodle skirt.
The dinner didn't start 'til 6pm so we drove out to the coast and made a day of it. We stopped at the beach for some pictures, then drove up the PCH to the 101 Cafe in Oceanside. More pics, milkshakes and cheese fries ensued.
We had so much fun that we decided to make plans for a future "date night" of our own and include mom.
Here are a couple pics from the afternoon on the coast...

t316

Neat idea.
My Church does a father/daughter dance every year (I have no girls, so I never get to go), but I will suggest the 50's theme next year.
I'm sure she enjoyed it. Nice wheels too...

bigarn

Awww ... You two look so happy together. Great pics Phil, and I bet nobody had the wheels you did! ... lol

cranberry

They are beautiful pictures and that's a very special moment. I'm a Daddy's girl and clung on his every word my whole life.... I still do. Teenage years weren't pretty, of course, but ohhhhhh I love my Daddy something fierce!

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3229001
They are beautiful pictures and that's a very special moment. I'm a Daddy's girl and clung on his every word my whole life.... I still do. Teenage years weren't pretty, of course, but ohhhhhh I love my Daddy something fierce!
Teenage years are probably going to be harder on Daddy than on his daughter.

socal57che

Thanks, guys.
There were games and prizes throughout the evening. Sierra won a photo frame with 6 openings. She filled them with pics from the day and has it on her desk already.
We have a 5X10 of the black and white diner shot framed & sitting on the entertainment center.
I highly recommend it to anyone with kids.
One guy brought his bright orange 55 Chevy and let people use it as a prop for pics. His daughter died a few years ago and he wanted to do something to help people get closer to their own kids.
The hair was cool...I decided to keep it that way for a while.
I'm hoping to keep her for a few more uears...the guys will get a free guided tour of my gun collection before dating her.

Having a photographer for a wife, pictures are part of our home. Wouldn't have been the same without mom taking pics. (thanks babe
)

pezenfuego

You're a nice guy but I wouldn't want to make you mad. Gun or not, you will have to give the kids kudos for having the guts...

lovethesea

LOVE those pics!!! Soo cute. Especially the car by the beach.
Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/3228836
The dinner didn't start 'til 6pm so we drove out to the coast and made a day of it. We stopped at the beach for some pictures,...
I wish I could say this!!