Top 10 reasons a Saltwater tank is better than TV

rach4194

No reruns
Unscripted (reality tv)
and they really do die...

If your lucky enough to get a mated pair you don't have to order the spice channel... (Only kidding) :rolleyes:
Really though, I can stare at live rock for hours a day. I am always seeing new things. My friends and family must think I'm a freak looking at a rock for hours at a time, then they see me at night looking with a flashlight..

lion_crazz

Originally posted by Rach4194
No reruns
Unscripted (reality tv)
and they really do die...

If your lucky enough to get a mated pair you don't have to order the spice channel... (Only kidding) :rolleyes:
Really though, I can stare at live rock for hours a day. I am always seeing new things. My friends and family must think I'm a freak looking at a rock for hours at a time, then they see me at night looking with a flashlight..

I totally agree with the live rock and flashlight comment. Heck, my friends and family already do think I am a freak because I am so into this hobby, but it's worth every dollar and minute. Not too many other things will you get this much satisfaction and pleasure out of (well, except maybe the spice channel...:eek:
.... just kidding!!)
Let's continue with the list though..
#5 anyone?

vito525

I watch WWF with my hermits every day....Fear Factor?? Watch my coral shrimp and Emerald run across my blue hermits...I see Amercan Idol when I place the brine shrimp in my tank and they all strive for attention....I love my tank!!!!

lion_crazz

Originally posted by vito525
I watch WWF with my hermits every day....Fear Factor?? Watch my coral shrimp and Emerald run across my blue hermits...I see Amercan Idol when I place the brine shrimp in my tank and they all strive for attention....I love my tank!!!!

There you go! Much better than the "shows" that they try to pass off to you on actual TV!

X

xoxox

when has an eel ever climbed out of the T.V. an try and give you a kiss...
:thinking:

dragonfli

#5 1/2 shining a flashlight at my tv does nothing, now shining that flashlight on my tank....wow!
what a bunch or geeks. sometimes i envy trekkies. (not that there is anything wrong with that
)

mdmacolyte

LOL Have to comment on the 100 channels thing... If you have a saltwater tank how in the heck can you still afford cable tv?? LOL

kimmysue

:jumping: My 2 1/2 year old son has a new passion for reading about fish and helping me with the tank. It beats watching the same children's shows OVER and OVER again! And we don't even have any fish in the tank yet

trainfever

Wait until he wants to name your clownfish Nemo, and your Hippo tang Dorie(finding Nemo) and then name your starfish Patrick and your crab Mr. Crabs(SpongeBob Squarepants). I'm starting to think that maybe my aquarium is the television. :notsure:

sw65galma

Originally posted by trainfever
Wait until he wants to name your clownfish Nemo, and your Hippo tang Dorie(finding Nemo) and then name your starfish Patrick and your crab Mr. Crabs(SpongeBob Squarepants). I'm starting to think that maybe my aquarium is the television. :notsure:

LoL already done.

loodachris

I think the best part is no matter how much money you spend upgrading/accessorizing your t.v. its still playing the same old crap.

vito525

Originally posted by Loodachris
I think the best part is no matter how much money you spend upgrading/accessorizing your t.v. its still playing the same old crap.

Is everyone else like me??? where you are never done with your tank??I budget around $75 - $100 a month for upgrades and every 2 weeks it's a struggle as to what to buy next. My next pirchase is a hang on refugium for the pod production and nitrate reduction....after that it's time for corals!!!