Top 10 reasons a Saltwater tank is better than TV

pelena

#6 or wheterver your on...
You're the producer/executive/ceo/set designer/janitor/etc.
PS - I'm a flashlight dork too!

pelena

PS - I'm flashlight dork too!

monalisa

#7....It's gotten me on the computer to learn, learn, learn...hmmmm...what WAS the last time I learned anything from the Simpson's???? :notsure:
OK, I'm just starting my tank, but still!!!!

pelena

Originally posted by MonaLisa
what WAS the last time I learned anything from the Simpson's????

OK, now don't get carried away. What would life be like without the Simpson's? Unless its for food, The Simpsons may be my only distraction from the tank.
PS-Mona Lisa, you must have learned that donut shop signs can stop runnaway monorails.

mudplayerx

I've got a great idea! Instead of a colored background for your tank, put a television back there. Even better, build a cave in the tank to where is looks like a tv is in the cave. LOL

mudplayerx

Originally posted by acekjd83
i think the tv would pollute the water with all the crap coming out of it

I mainly watch Discovery, Military channel, History and other documentaries, so my fish would become nerds like me

axionjaxon

Originally posted by Pelena
PS - I'm a flashlight dork too!

Don't know of any TV shows half as interative (wait, does voting on american idol count as interactive??)
ps-getting flashlight to become flashlight geek (this rookie hadnt even thought of that yet)

1911_guy

You don't have to wait until next Thursday to see what's going to happen...it's 24/7 and on your own time....unless you have tevo.

fishmamma

If only you could tivo your tank!! Now THAT would be cool!!!
Now I am going to get a little off track-OK, so I have tried to be a flashlight geek- 23 lbs of live rock in cycling tank- nothing. A couple of brine shrimp and tiny pink worms the first night. Now NOTHING. Did I somehow get live rock with no inhabitants????
Any comments/thoughts would be appreciated.....I am being forced to watch TV since nothing is on in my tank.

monalisa

Crap...or better said, DOH...I forgot about the donut shop/monorail episode!! :hilarious
OK, I stand corrected, my apologies...but before that...oh never mind. :nervous: My tank is still better than TV, and right now it only has rock, sand, water, and a very rotting shrimp in it, 'nuf said.
oh, and salt, there's salt in there too, and equipment...OK, I think I'm done now, sorry.

pelena

3D image with better than HDTV quality...and no goofy glasses!
(and cheaper than Plasma sreens....sometimes...OK rarely....OK fine, nevermind about the cheaper part.)

dalerich

I like to put a small amount of food in my tank and watch the amazing race or watch a new addition to the tank go through tribal council with my angle. I lost a cleaner shrimp and it was just like CSI and missing without a trace. Survivor does offer some good reef shots. Watching the turbo snails is kind of like watching golf to me. Nothing ever really happens with them.

vito525

I watch for the puff of white smoke as the carcass of my old dead hermit leader was whisked along by my powerheads to the God of Hermits. I named the new biggest hermit in the tank Benedict XVI LOL.