top off water with ro/di

krowleey

i drip kalk and it really keeps my alk ph and ca perfect, but my magnesium seems to get loe everytime and i have to add a supplment, is this normal? i am also switching to oceanic salt, bought a 200 gallon bucket but have not done my monthly water change, will my mg always be like this topping off with ro/di, just wondering if anyone else goes through this.
ammonia 0 trites 0 trates 0 po4 0 ca 440 dhk 10.6 ph 8.1-8.2
mg after i top off is about 900ish is this a problem or if its not broke dont fix it? thanks !!!!! :notsure:

druluv

You can also supplement with esv two part buffer system which supplies some of the missing trace elements that kalk doesn't provide

druluv

You can add it straight to the tank. It is a two part liquid additive. Not only does it provides alk & CA, it has MAG & Stro to help build coraline algae.

krowleey

my alk and ca are perfect, i been mixing seachems magnesium to fresh ro to raise it but when i add fresh ro water in large amounts well semi large a gallon or so it seems to drop to 900ish, i have the kents part a and part b that i think is the same thing but shoudl i really add alk and ca when im at 440 and 10.6 dhk ?

nas19320

You won't want to really add any more Alk/Cal. I use Kent Tech M for Mg but I rarely need to supplement. Are you sure your test kit is giving you the correct reading? I wouldn't touch my Mg, usually you boost Mg levels up to about 1350 because the water will be able to hold more Cal, but you don't seem to have that problem.

krowleey

yeah thats what i thought too, i dont have probs keeping my ca level stable with dripping kalk. and my alk is stable as well and if it falls overt ime i just use a little superbuffer and bam its perfect again. all my test kits are sailfert test kits unless magnesium is like one of those hard things to test for i dunno, but all i can think is the ro/di water is diluting it down with top offs. but i guess if nothing neeed the mg at 1300 then its not big deal, things may change after i start using the oceanic time will tell but ill still have top offs to do. lol ramble ramble