Torch Coral or?

Hey All,
I am pretty sure this is a torch, however, I would like some other opinions :laughing:
I have another torch that is green with lighter colored tips, this one I am not so sure about as it does not have the base that the other torch has. This seems to come out similar to an anemone, but I am not sure.

btldreef

It's a torch coral, possibly a gold torch, which would be a nice catch if you got it for a good price. What color is are the tentacles?
this is my gold torch under actinics:

If it's a gold torch you should see a hint of gold/metallic coloration on its tentacles (not on the tips). If you don't see this, it's just a color variation of a torch. There are many different colors that torches can come in.

nikesb

not a gold torch. gold torches are more vibrant in white light. its a torch alright, just a different variety

J

juice28

looks like a torch to me.. some have really long skinny tent. some have shorter stubbier ones..and come in shade of brown to bright green

I don't really see any gold flecks in it. However it looks identical to a gold torch from the pictures I looked up. My lights have actinic bulbs, so it is tough to tell. Maybe just a brown tentacles torch with white tips

nikesb

gold and orange torches are really gold and orange. alot of retailers have been mislabeling them to ramp up the prices lately

Maybe NikeSB,
I bought this one a few months ago pretty small. It has grown a bit since then. BTLDReef's looks green to me. Maybe I am color blind :rotfl:

I have a Nikon D7000 camera, but I just can't get the focus right zooming in. I don't have a macro lens or I could get really close.
1800 dollar camera = Nice
Too dumb to use it = Priceless :laughing:

nikesb

im saving up for a macro for my canon. so far, i've had great success using a point and shoot for macro though

btldreef

Mine is definitely a gold torch. That pic was taken with my phone with only actinics on.
Like Nikesb said, true golden torches have a golden (metallic) shimmer to them