torch coral...

thederek

I think i made a mistake....I have a 5 gallon tank and I put a torch coral in it...I only have 10watts of 50/50 pc lighting, but the coral is literally about 3 inches from the top of the water....Will he be allright or does he need more light? The hood on my tank will only support the 10watt light so i dont know what else to do...

T

tizzo

That 10 watt light... is that one of those mini power compacts?? I don't know if it will support a torch, but it will help whoever does know, to have that info.

tina

Tizzo is right. A torch won't last long under 10 watts of light, no matter how small the tank.

thederek

yea its the mini compact flourescent made by coralife...
I should have 26watts of lighting in the tank within a week or two...but will he be allright until then?

thederek

Ok, so I have 26watts of lighting on its way....this should be enough to make it happy...but until then, in order to keep it alive, should I leave the lights on longer than usual? What can I do to help him make it until they are here?

T

tizzo

I am thinking you would have more luck getting more accurate answers in the "Nano forum". That deals specifically with small tanks, and there are a lot of people who have experience with small tanks and lighting.