torch coral

manners

i wanted to buy a torch coral but i dont no if i have enough light
2x 10kk 39w T5 h/o 2x 39w atcnic t5
46g
any advice?

lil.guppy

It will be fine and no it doesnt have to be in the upper part of the tank. I have had a many LPS in lower wattages then that on the sand bed. They just wont grow as fast.

lil.guppy

It likes water movement to help its tentacles collect food. Coral that touches it will get a sting but only from the tentacles. I have Zoanthids and yellow polyps growing up under one of my torches with no problems.
Some dont feed their but I like to put a piece of squid, fish food or mussel on the top of the coral. It will grab it and take it down. This will also make them grow faster. :)
I often wonder why they list coral as a more difficult species then others as I find them to be very easy to care for. With all coral though stability is very important always remember that

S

smartorl

Just my opinion, but I would direct a little more flow it's way. It looks a little deflated still, the tentacles look short and fat, which look a little like they are partially deflated.
All of them I have or have had tend to be more "flowing". I kind of looks like to me that it may be in a dead flow area?
Pretty piece, I have one just like that one. How many heads?

manners

in thhe pic above the pumps are turned off and the tenticals are pulling in food (probibly why they look short n fat) and the other pics are 10min after i put it in the tank. it is in a med- high flow area and tenticals extend much longer when not feeding.(+ its only been in the tank for 2 days)
i think it has 3-4 mouths but it all one head.

iluvmelabdogs

I have one of these but it is a tiny frag. VERY tiny.. Prob about a the size of a half dollar? The store i got it from told me I didnt have to feed it as long as I had the iodine and magnesium suppliments. Had it in halfway with 1 T5 and 1 actinic. Med flow. Started to stay scrunched up and skinny tentacles. Would throw out long clear ones at times. But I felt it was trying to die, so I put it on the sand bed after reading they dont like light. Still no change. So found where I could give cyclopeeze, So I did and that lil dude loved it! Now I wish I could find my charger cord for my camera to tell me if its ok.
Lara