Torch open at lunch, closed after work

shlap

I've only had it since last Saturday and have noticed that in the morning before work and at lunch it's open all the way, but when I get home from work, about 30 minutes before 10ks go off and actinic lights come on, it's closed up tight. Once the actinics come on, it opens up a bit more but not fully. Is this normal? It didn't do this the first 3 days...

shlap

90 gallon, 90lbs live rock
0 ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates
3.09 Alk
1.25 SG
380 Calcium
Just had all the tests double-checked at my LFS.
Nova Extreme Pro T5 6x54W
Remora Pro Skimmer
AquaClear 110 Filter

hyattdk2000

I have three torches and sometimes they close for a bit and then reopen this is normal for mine. They all do it at different times and R doing great. Hope this helps.

shlap

Originally Posted by hyattdk2000
http:///forum/post/3033019
I have three torches and sometimes they close for a bit and then reopen this is normal for mine. They all do it at different times and R doing great. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input hyattdk, this makes me feel better. Mine seems to be pretty healthy but between 7-8, it closes up tight, an then opens a bit an hour later. When I wake up in the morning, all lights are on and it's fully open again.

lil.guppy

My two torches acted weird for the first month I had them until they settled in and stayed out. My retract when the lights change for a few minutes too.