tosdstool fragging ???

tropills

just wondering if I can frag a smaller very healthy stool by cutting it in half from the top to the bottom. will this work or kill it ????
Thanks Greg

J

jrthomas40

what do you mean splitting it?? like take a razor blade and just cut the center head or like split it down the middle like an old mortal combat fatality move

tropills

like split it down the middle like an old mortal combat fatality move
Slice it from the top to the bottom in half so I will have a left half and a right half,,, both with half the cap and stem...

coraljunky

Originally Posted by tropills
just wondering if I can frag a smaller very healthy stool by cutting it in half from the top to the bottom. will this work or kill it ????
Thanks Greg

Any sps in this tank?

tropills

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
wow the thing survives an attack like that??
don't know if it will or not that is the question.......

tropills

Originally Posted by coraljunky
IMO, it'll work
cool I was thinking it would, but just wanted a couple others to say ,,sure go for it , so tomarrow I'll cut it and try to get some pic's up, so you all can see what I did...

reefkprz

I try not to split toadstool stalks down the middle, IMO it opens too much cut flesh for exposure, the less actual open wound you can create when fragging a coral the higher the chances of the coral surviving, just like any other animal on the planet the smaller the open wound the less chance of infection. while it may work just fine to overly large exposed wound makes the chances for secondary infection higher. I'm not saying it wont work, it probably will work just fine. I would just choose a (imo) safer route.
I would just cut a portion from the top and leave the stalk intact.

tropills

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I try not to split toadstool stalks down the middle, IMO it opens too much cut flesh for exposure, the less actual open wound you can create when fragging a coral the higher the chances of the coral surviving, just like any other animal on the planet the smaller the open wound the less chance of infection. while it may work just fine to overly large exposed wound makes the chances for secondary infection higher. I'm not saying it wont work, it probably will work just fine. I would just choose a (imo) safer route.
I would just cut a portion from the top and leave the stalk intact.
Thanks,