Trace Elements

blender

I just got a protien skimmer. I read that it takes out a lot of bad stuff in the water but also takes out some good stuff. Is there anything I should be adding to my water to make up for the lost good stuff (Trace elements?)?

the dude

Hi
If all you have in the tank is fish (no inverts, not lr, no corals, etc. Just fish), they should be fine without any big time supplements. All i have is fish, and i have never used any kind of supplements, and my fish have been fine, no ich, etc. Maybe other people have some other opinions, just to be on the safe side. Good luck- (p.s what kind of skimmer do u have, how much was it, whered u get it, and hows it working - thanks in advance)
The Dude

blender

hey dude,
i do have inverts. a couple cleaner shrimp, a couple hermit crabs, and four turbo snails. my skimmer looks like one big tube with a skinny tube to its side and a cup on top. i don't know what kind that is but it seems to be working because there is nasty brown/green stuff filling the cup up. i got it at ***** for really cheap. i think it was $30 for the skimmer, $18 for a dual air pump, and $2 for some tubes to connect the two.

the dude

Cool, thanks for the input. Since you have inverts i would reccommend some extra minerals or something. I know kent marine makes a large variety of addatives. Any reccomendations anybody?