Trading Brown Bird Wrasse in Chicago

shwanshark

I recently received 2 brown bird wrasses from an online order instead of one brown and one green. They are still going to send me the green bird wrasse, but told me to keep both of the browns. I only want one, so if anybody in chicago wants to trade me another fish (that is colorful and can cohabitate with puffers and a 6" lion), let me know. These fish are great swimmers and are a lot of fun to watch. definitely a good addition to a larger tank.

shwanshark

I didn't know that bird wrasses could change ---. Approximately how long would it take for one of the females to change ---?

wanabebell

im not sure honestly
but at my lfs they had a brown that turned green in somthing around 6 months
but it was by itself
with you brown being dominate and with a subdominate id think it would happen rather quickly
but im almost possitive it happen within 6 months

brandan

Originally Posted by wanabebell
im not sure honestly
but at my lfs they had a brown that turned green in somthing around 6 months
but it was by itself
with you brown being dominate and with a subdominate id think it would happen rather quickly
but im almost possitive it happen within 6 months
Can anyone confirm this? I have never heard of this before.

shwanshark

Well, I've done some investigating and this appears to be true. Doesn't seem like it is guaranteed to happen though. Anyway, I stll have a black bird wrasse available so let me know if you want it.

shwanshark

Someone has to have room in their tank for this fish. It really is beautiful and very active. I'll make the trade for some live rock.

bnutz24

Hey I am 30 mins south of Chicago and just starting are you willing to sale ?? if so how much you asking??

shwanshark

I'm selling a the female bird wrasse for $30 and I also have a yellow tang (about 3 inches) for sale for $30. I'll sell both for $50. let me know.